Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Well I am in the millitary so money to spend on my truck is limited. but I am trying to make it better. I already have a 4" exaust. my next thing is an egr delet by the way my truck is acting and seeing how dirty the egr valve gets i figured its the best thing to do next. now I have an 06 f250 6.0L. and i am told once i delet the egr it will throw a code so i need to tune it. I do not have the money to get a tunner right now. my question is I have a freind with a bully dog flash tunner. is it ok to get him to flash a tune in the truck just untill i can get my own tunner? and if he puts the preformance tune on my truck but i keep my foot out of the pedal can i still get good milage? thanks for takeing the time to read this i know its long.

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
DO it right the first time.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Just deal with the cel untill you can do the rite mods. It doesn't pay to do shortcuts with a 6.0.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea thats what I am going to do. the only reason i was considering what I said before was i wasnt sure if the truck would run right after doing the delete. Should i leave the EGR valve in though untill i get the programed some other people said it might cause problems in the later models, My'n is a 2006 SD?? Thanks for keeping me on the right track

·
Registered
247 Posts
Save yourself some headache and do your oil cooler when you do the delete

1 - 5 of 5 Posts