Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
young buck learning.
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
matt just sent me his tunes but how the hell do i get them on the sct? he said i gotta down load something from sct? im so lost!

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
Go to sctflash.com. Click on tech support. Go to center of page. Where it says device updates. Click. Pick the model of tuner you have. Then to the right click on tab and pick Device update software. May want to update FW and tune revisions also. Hope that helps. Just did it this afternoon myself

·
young buck learning.
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok i downloaded it. but how do i get the tunes from my desktop to the little Live Load thing? (where it lists the 3 stock tunes)

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
Oh. Sorry You need a USB cord. From pc to device. On a sf3 it takes an a to b USB cord. Find em at Wally world. Plug into pc first then into device. Let pc load drivers and so on and so forth. Start the SCT update program. Click on transfer file. Screen pops up. Browse to saved file on hard drive. That's the email attachment your tune writer sent you. Think it saves in the downloads folder by default. Double click file. Wait. Status bar at bottom of update software will show 100% when it's done. Click close. Unplug SCT. That's about it.

·
young buck learning.
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i had it plugged in but when i hit browse to find the tune and then found it and clicked open it wouldnt open it.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
is the file saved as a .cel did the programmer power up when u plugged it into the computer?

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
Will be at home in half hour. If still no luck I will get my laptop out and walk through it.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
so when you browse for tunes from your liveload and u find the one u want and click load it wont load it to the liveload program?

·
young buck learning.
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks i appreciate it. but i got it to download the update software, sct wasnt giving the link i had to go back and save the update software manually.

·
young buck learning.
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
correct.. heres what im doing. on my desktop i double click on Live Load and it come up. ( sct is already plugged in) then i click BROWSE and i go into my sct file and find my tune and i click on it and hit OPEN and i get nothing!

·
Busy Busy
9,004 Posts
Awesome. Matt's on point!

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
Once your tunes arrive:
When you get your tunes you will need to go here:

SCT Automotive Performance Products

4th tab on the top is "tech support" click that

when that opens click "device updates and download"

1) select the x3 Ford

2) device update software

on the next page download the "X3 Enhanced Updater Software"

follow on screen directions.

when the tune arrives its best to make a new folder on your desktop named "tunes" save your new tune to that folder. (to create a new folder on your desktop, simply right click any blank area on the desktop and scroll to NEW>folder left click. Then re-name it by right clicking on the “new folder”)Once this is done, connect the X3 to your computer and open the X3LW updater, once opened click "load custom tune file" once this opens you will then browse for your file and select by double clicking an the upload should show up and you are able to name the tune whatever you like

1 - 17 of 17 Posts