Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My name’s Eric and I live in NE Tennessee. I've been reading blogs here for quite a while...

I have a ’06 F250 King Ranch 6.0 that was bulletproofed before I purchased it several years ago. It has an SCT Livewire TS that recently the screen went bad on. SCT replaced it for me, but the new tuner doesn’t have the EGR Delete function that the previous one did. Seems like BullyDog and SCT removed this function I’m guessing for liability reasons… They also removed the Switch on the Fly option which had worked without any issues on my truck.

So, I’m looking for a set of tunes similar to what I had on the first Livewire. Something like: Tow, Street, Performance, Extreme. Or trying to determine if I should go through adding back the EGR kit.

My truck is mainly used for towing our 35’ travel trailer and around town for Lowe’s and Home Depot runs.

Appreciate any information or insights you may be able to give me.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Epa cracked down so no more erg off option. Technically no ones does, however my gearhead tunes keep the light off indefinitely, if I switch it back to stock I get a light in about 25 miles. I have gearhead & quicktrick tunes & like them both. I use the gearhead most of the time however. All the tuners have tow, street, & race tunes pretty much. Take your pick.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ive got a 2006 F250 with 6.0, 237367 miles on it NO Head studs, EGR has been deleted and had no Dash lights. Installed a X4 with Inovative deisel tunes and use a Edge Insite to monitor, Still No dash lights,Have 4 tunes 45hp Tow,65hp Tow, 85hp Street tune and 140hp all out tune which I was told need Studs.
I run the 85 street tune and can tell a big difference.
Mods are 4" turbo back straight pipe.
4" Cold air intake off Amazon, Cheap $89.00 Works great remove old Basket filter assembly and cut out the Carbon fiber panel to let air get into the filter outside temp 75 I see 77-80 on IAC on insight while moving.
Banks High Ram Cold air kit, Need the Hot side pipe now.
Blue Spring kit installed you can feel the difference.
Hi Idle mod using the Dash rocker switches. 675RPM to Switch on 1250RPM Good for Cold Mornings.
Fog light mod stay on all time when running High or low beam. I just Like it.
Oil Temps run 195-205 with Coolant running 185-195, Flush system real good with VC-9 run truck for a day back and forth to work Drain and super flush system removed engine plugs and double washed out installed Cat ELC Red coolant.
FICM is starting to show signs of going out sometimes get a reading of 42 Volts? Most time stays around 47-48.5 Got a Inovative Diesel FICM coming 48V with a Tune should really make this thing Run good?

I would say If you are in an area where you have to have emmissions stay with the EGR and make sure you have good Temp Deltas. If not I would do the Kit that has the upgraded Up pipe for the back and the block of plates, If you go with the Block off get you a reinforced hose that Blue hose that comes in kit is Junk and will Split on ya.Also use good clamps Pain in the Butt to get to. I'll Keep posted on FICM install soon. Hope this may help in your Decision. Good luck JM

·
Registered
79 Posts
I am also looking for tunes, is vivian at quicktricks good? Ive heard of problems with lightswitch effect from the looneys

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have the looney for non studded & looney pct for studded kc 1.5. They are good but I personally like my gearhead tunes better. The looney has more of the light switch effect than the srl.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts