Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have another tuner questions for you. I have done 3 2008 6.4 trucks, all 3 with the same set-up. 4" straight pipe exhaust, S&B CAI, and a H&S mini maxx with hot damn download. One of these trucks we got to put on a dyno this summer and he layed down 586hp. I was really happy with those numbers. Long story short, i have another friend that just purchased an 08 6.4. I was wondering if any new tunes on the market and laying down better numbers, and just as good driveability.

Was considering spartan for it but unsure do to all the goodluck out of the H&S we have had.

ANy dyno conparisons out there, and transmssion shifting concerns?

·
IH Diesel Power
732 Posts
IDP tunes offer great Drive ability, Ive never dynoed mine to know what its actually makin but it runs pretty decent.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Jeff, I plan on calling you tomorrow.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I also didnt realize Matt at gearhead had finally had a chance to play with the 6.4, I use him to tune all the 7.3 and 6.0 trucks i'v built for my customers. May be giving him another call also

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
IDP lay down the best track times and dont really care what the dyno has to say

·
Young'n
1,564 Posts
Regardless, any of the tuners mentioned are good. People may claim ome is faster than the other, which may be true at time. Sometimes a truck will just all around run better than another. Any of the tuners mentioned are great

·
One of a kind
2,198 Posts
From what I've seen?
I got smoked at the track by a guy that ran a 12.8. All he had was exhaust,intake, and a spartan, with a small shot of giggle.

·
Mmh what next
211 Posts
Would be intresting if some like jeff put a Innovative tune in his truck just too see if thier is that much of differnce

·
Registered
479 Posts
Ruh roh.....
Haha I was waiting for it too!

I have Spartans tunes and daily drive the 310. I couldn't be happier with it. Sometimes it's a little touchy on the throttle but the 275 isn't as bad.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How does the shifting compare with the spartan, i know when matt at gear head tunes on the 6.0's they shift awesome.

·
Registered
178 Posts
You won't be disappointed with matts 6.4 tunes either. The one I have shifts nice and firm but not head jolting neck snapping hard lol. I recommend buth Gearhead and IDP. Parents are running the mini maxx and it's pretty good too. Can't go wrong with any of those three.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Haha I was waiting for it too!

I have Spartans tunes and daily drive the 310. I couldn't be happier with it. Sometimes it's a little touchy on the throttle but the 275 isn't as bad.
Yeah...I think these tuner threads are dumb....its all personal preference. None of the comparisons are worth anything since we know with the exact same setup identical trucks will make different power. I bought the mini maxx for cost, size, and on the fly adjustability. That doesn't make it better or worse than anything else.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts