Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a TS 6postition chip now, eh its ok. Is there a company that makes a chip with a "smoke" setting? Ive been told by a local shop that DP has a smoke setting? I know im proly gonan get crap but i like messin with ppl in town but of course it aint a cummins so it dont smoke that much, im very new to the diesel world so b easy on me now. But she just dont smoke enough

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Just cover obout half of your air filter with a plastic back, she'll smoke. While everybody else is trying to create speed and power, there are still some that want to make huge clouds of black smoke. It makes the tree huggers love us. Not that I care about them, but guess who one of their best friends are. The EPA, ever heard of them. They are the ones that decide how in depth your inspection will be. There is already noise about making us put our cats and mufflers back on.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
:pointlaugh:

I have a TS 6postition chip now, eh its ok. Is there a company that makes a chip with a "smoke" setting? Why? Ive been told by a local shop that DP has a smoke setting? Any 140 aggresive tune will smoke I know im proly gonan get crap YES YOU ARE but i like messin with ppl in town Really!? but of course it aint a cummins so it dont smoke that much, im very new to the diesel world so b easy on me now. But she just dont smoke enough
Save your self the grief, especially since this is your first post and use the search feature of this wonderful site. Especially with your first post being on wanting more smoke:blah:

99% of us here are trying constantly to better our tunes and set-ups to get less smoke and more power, it just aint cool any more:poke:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do understand that smokin aint makin power, it smokes very little with this chip, its more of a makin ur head bigger thing bc round here ya got all these farm boys with their cummins that ROLL THE FU**ING COAL! And i just wanna make em aware my monster powerstroke can do it too? :poke: I tend to get alot of #### bc i have the biggest truck round here and it aint a cummins so i just wanna waste some fuel roll some coal myself. its got an intake too so i dunno how to go bout coverin it up? ANd cmon theres gotta b someone on here that wants to roll the coal like i do. And ive searched but i aint commin up with much. Got 4" dual exahaust too. neone wanna trade some stacks for some 4"duals?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Im 16 and i dont think its cool.....

·
I like turtles
2,604 Posts
I do understand that smokin aint makin power, it smokes very little with this chip, its more of a makin ur head bigger thing bc round here ya got all these farm boys with their cummins that ROLL THE FU**ING COAL! And i just wanna make em aware my monster powerstroke can do it too? :poke: I tend to get alot of #### bc i have the biggest truck round here and it aint a cummins so i just wanna waste some fuel roll some coal myself. its got an intake too so i dunno how to go bout coverin it up? ANd cmon theres gotta b someone on here that wants to roll the coal like i do. And ive searched but i aint commin up with much. Got 4" dual exahaust too. neone wanna trade some stacks for some 4"duals?
Like said earlier "wrap your filter with tape if you want smoke". Not only it is giving diesels guys a bad rep it is also hard on your truck. Smoke = High egts. Plus wouldnt be cool if the stupid little truck that dont smoke whoops a smokey dodges a**.

·
Registered
124 Posts
The only reasons i like the smoke is when slow ass drivers are in my way and i get on it to pass them and hope they have a window open. Also when im drag racing i like to smoke the driver next to me out.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
:doh: I Love These Threads!!!!!!!!!!

·
Metal - It kicks your ass
3,090 Posts
I do understand that smokin aint makin power, it smokes very little with this chip, its more of a makin ur head bigger thing bc round here ya got all these farm boys with their cummins that ROLL THE FU**ING COAL!
Just think of how small their head will be when you beat them with your POS powerstroke that doesn't smoke.

Read the quote in my sig.:D

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Just think of how small their head will be when you beat them with your POS powerstroke that doesn't smoke.

Read the quote in my sig.:D
:hehe: hahahahaha well said and great quote!!!!

I

·
0 Posts
IDK, everytime a jackass drives by me in a duramax, he has to pump smoke out his stacks, not sure why but that's what they do.. I don't get it..

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Yep, I like to roll up on all those all smoke and no go guys. When I roll into mine, it smokes a bit (gotta get my tunes tweaked), but when the smoke clears, I aint' there no more.

·
owner/president
2,768 Posts
Yes,DP has smoke tunes as do many other tuners,sometimes thier called aggresive tunes,but goin around blown black smoke everywhere is not very smart or safe,thats another reason more and more states are putting emissions test on are diesel trucks.:doh:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok ok i gotcha yall now, i knew i shouldnt have brought it up but i just wanted to know which tuners have smoke tunes. i would only use it when i go to events and stuff bc cmon rollin the coal looks cool, maybe its bc im young and stupid idk. so ts does not have a smoke tune correct? I think im gonna try the air filter thing just for a day or somn to c how much it really changes. Thanks fer not bein tooooo hard on me, anyone got some 8" aussie style stacks?

·
psdguy97
859 Posts
I hear ya buddy! I want to roll a SH** load of coal too. Its fun to blow it at people when you pass then on the street. Dp-tuner has a smoke tune i believe for the 7.3. I'd like to get one sometime soon.

·
Ridin Dirty Motorsports
608 Posts
ok ok i gotcha yall now, i knew i shouldnt have brought it up but i just wanted to know which tuners have smoke tunes. i would only use it when i go to events and stuff bc cmon rollin the coal looks cool, maybe its bc im young and stupid idk. so ts does not have a smoke tune correct? I think im gonna try the air filter thing just for a day or somn to c how much it really changes. Thanks fer not bein tooooo hard on me, anyone got some 8" aussie style stacks?
man it's your truck build it how you want. I like to roll the coal every once in awhile. I think beans has a smoke settin but don't hold me to it. When I order my custom 6 position chip I'm gonna put a smoke tune and a lope tune on it. why it don't do nothing you might ask, but idc I like the way it sounds. it's all in what you want. Ya going around rollin coal all the time is stupid I agree but it's cool when there is a homo behind you and you can fill thee stack's and show em what's up! :evil

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
Any custom tuner can put a smoke tune on a TS style chip.

But theres no point to them. Thats all we are saying.

It looks cool?????? Ummm no it just shows who the idiots are, Why be all show and no go?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well where can i go or who do i talk to to get custom programs? Im new to it and it just isnt makin sense, TS told me to send it back and theyl update for 50 bucks but they dont have a smoke tune or a lope tune?

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
Theres no point to a smoke tune, but since your dead set on making yourself look like an idiot and wanna keep giving the diesel community a black eye then......

Do a search on tuners.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts