Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does Anyone BESIDES DP offer a flip chip that you can see what setting the chip is on?

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
Iirc someone tried to get a dp display to work with a ts chip, this was a couple years ago.

Btw brad I didn't forget about you, waiting on Southbend to email me back about that clutch.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Iirc someone tried to get a dp display to work with a ts chip, this was a couple years ago.

Btw brad I didn't forget about you, waiting on Southbend to email me back about that clutch.
I LOVE the DP display, but not overly thrilled with the programing.

No worries on the clutch, one is on the way

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just dont understand why someone cant reburn Jodys chip. The chip is the same , right? Just the control is different

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
Do you really change positions that often Brad? LOL

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No. But it is just nice to know at a glance what it is on. Hell, the fan control has 4 setting you can read.

It would be nice if someone made a display thing like Pure Diesel Power had, if it wasn't a POS

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Or were you talking about positions w the GF? If i cant tell what position I am in there, I got a problemLOL

·
Running at last...
2,789 Posts
I have the same problem as you brad..... I would like to keep the display and the chip BUT be able to run other tunners tunes to...

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
Or be like the cool kids & run 1 tune for everything. I have 6 positions with 1 tune on it just to fill in the blanks. Oh how I wish they brought the old single or 2 position chips back. :mad:

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Or be like the cool kids & run 1 tune for everything. I have 6 positions with 1 tune on it just to fill in the blanks. Oh how I wish they brought the old single or 2 position chips back. :mad:
I like my options Garret. High Idle for the cold mornings, Stock for if someone else is driving the truck, 40hp econo tune for long trips, 50-60hp for towing and a 75hp for showing a Dodge where he belongs:evil

·
Running at last...
2,789 Posts
Correct, dp uses moates?
:whs: But you can not buy them from moates.. And they are made just for Jody. Nobody else can buy them or use them other then Jody...

BUT i would think there could be a way to put tunes on the chip.. After all his chip and TS chips both use the J3 connector.. They have to that is what are computers have..

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
At least back when, the 3 position flip switch chips could be made into a 4 position rotary switch with just a change in switch. I wonder if that is still not kinda true in reverse with the current stuff.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts