Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Just a dumb question- If a person is running a tune (i'm running a IDP tune on my SCTx3 and have been for the last 6 months) and the tranny in the truck starts acting up. Will codes still be stored?

I'm having tranny problems in my pickup and its been to the tranny shop 2 times now and there is no codes stored. They are using the snap-on scanner and they say there is nothing they can really do unless there is a code.

The truck is missing a gear once in a while then it will grab and drives fine. It also kicks out of gear every once in a while at a stop light. (just like its in Nuteral) then it grabs the low gear and takes off. While the tranny is doing this it has never gone into limp mode with the tow/haul light flashing.

So I was just wondering if the codes are not being stored or if there is no codes with this kind of problem. This problem is just driving me nuts, I keep thinking there is something that can be fixed pior to replacing the very expensive transmission. Any idea's would be greatly appericated, Thanks in advanced.

·
Administrator
32,962 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Zmann- Greatly appericate the information!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts