Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1999 F350 7.3 214000 miles. It has cold air and 4" exhaust 373 gears 4X4.
I am looking to improve MPG. I have been looking at the Edge Juice with attitude ($849.00), or Gearhead ($500) custom build.
There are a bunch more to chose from. I would like Ideas as to what (CHIP) system to use. Also with the millage I guess I should prepare for injectors some day. I don't no the best way to go for them.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I’m running a hydra with gearhead tunes. Most guys are getting away from the ts6 platform and switching to hydra, so when you do injectors, you might have a hard time finding someone to reburn the ts6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
PSN intsigator
6,103 Posts
I have hydra in 2 of mine and soon to be in the 3rd also.

·
Native Texan
8,986 Posts
If u are looking for a monitor also check out Dp-tuner infinity tuners.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WOW so many fast responses. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
I looked into the Hydra and the DP both seam to do what the edge offers for less money.
I will continue my search now.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hydra is the best bet. Edge is a dinosaur as far as tuning for the 7.3. Mainly trans issues. You can get a Hydra now for $325 from most suppliers and that comes with the full library of PHP tunes for stock injectors. If you do upgrades in the future, then custom tunes are just an email away. No down time. Get tunes from many different tuners. 1023, PHP, Gearhead, Jelibuilt, SDK, KC, Swamps, etc.

Edge: stuck with the crappy canned tunes forever. No custom tunes available.

DP: will get good custom tunes. However, you are stuck with DP only.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
You aren't going to get a magical increase with a tune.
That's all controlled by your right foot.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Listen to 79jasper. Tune might gain a little, not much though. Drive smarter, not harder. If you see black smoke, back off.

·
Kenner, LA
322 Posts
Hydra with Swamps custom. Heavy tow tune i go through fuel like mad but I`m not rebuilding. 350k on the clock and it runs better than new. Run 2 cycle in the fuel nets me a solid 2 more miles per gallon. I monitor through a CTS. Thats real world mileage with 2 cycle. It will also lower egt.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts