Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I was talking to my ford sales man about tuning my truck. i know it voids your warranty, but I thought if I needed service on it I could reinstall all factory parts and be good. He told me that the truck keeps a history of whats been done. Is that true and if so is their away to clear history.

Thanks

Joe

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Im pretty sure if they really wanted to they could probably find out if it was tuned or not. But is the average mechanic gonna look for all the parameters and logs.. I bet not. Unless its something serious like motor replacement and such you should be safe. havent heard of anyone being caught.

·
Registered
66 Posts
So Jeff, you are saying that there is no way by the ECM or TCM to tell if it has been modded, won't exceeding the speed limiter tell that? I thought it kept a log? Not doubting your knowledge, cause you know way more about tuning than I probably ever will. What other ways could they tell?

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
I would say that if you have exceeded the speed limiter, it could be questionable. I believe the factory limiter is at 95-96 MPH, so most folks aren't going to exceed that anyway...I hope. I have never heard of warranty being voided due to that though.

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
I only know of one guy that has been questioned about the speed limiter and he is a member here i think or maybe the other forum. Other than that, it will depend on your tuner and spartan, sct, and h&s will be closer to the undetectable range

·
Cab on installer
2,150 Posts
If there isn't a recent regen then they question it right away. The computer logs that and it is detectable.

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
It only logs when the last one was correct? Not every one of them just the latest.

·
Cab on installer
2,150 Posts
Exactly. But it records a lot of data. If there's no regen logged they know your tuned.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts