Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have ran Bill's (PHP) tunes in my gassers and been very happy with the results, I posted this question on their forum but I would like more opinions before shelling out some cash. Here is the deal, I have a 6.0 6speed 4x4, completely stock from what I can tell except a K&N CAI. I have had it for 3 months and pulled around 9,000 lbs with it 4 times now up Jellico moutain in East TN...no issues at all. No puking no odd behavior at all. I am not studding the truck.....yet. EGR delete is in my garage waiting to be installed, after getting the Gryphon and checking the EGT/EOT I will decide on the oil cooler. So here is the question, it came with a SuperChips FlashPaq and has had the performance tune running for a while. Power is good over stock but I know custom tunes would be better. What I am unsure of is would it be better to get the FICM Gryphon and keep running the FlashPaq with Atlas 40 or get a custom tuned CS and wait on the FICM tunes until funds build up? Would the Atlas 40 and SuperChip together over do the stock head bolts? Maybe just run the Atlas 40 alone, would power be similar to what I have now with the SuperChip? I know you guys have beat these tuner subjects to death and a lot of you run the Atlas tunes so any advise would be great.

Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance!:popcorn:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nothing?

·
Registered
41 Posts
i would sell the supper chip and get an sct with custom tunes . i havnt tried them myself but i have heard good things about sct and custom tunes ....some people love the ficm programer and some say its just as good to send the ficm in and get thwe program u want instead of buying the programer .... in the end its up to u . mabey run the 100 hp ficm tune and call it good ...or run the 40 hp ficm tune and a race tune from a custom tunner . i say get rid of the super chips programer ? good luck

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I think I will do just that. Order a tuner now and send my FICM in later.

·
oconnors17
193 Posts
I think any tuner could stretch your head bolts so if your going to stack tunes or trying to reach 100 hp over stock they are going to stretch unless you get real lucky.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am thinking about getting the 80hp tunes from PHP, after I get the head bolts I will get hotter tunes.

·
Firefighter/EMT
233 Posts
I have been running vivians looney tune with PHP's hercules FICM tune and I have stock head bolts with no issues at all! When im at the track I have Vivians looney wild track file which is for studded trucks and still no issue with over 40 passes made this year...:evil

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
I would get an SCT w/ your tunes of choice (I like ours, but I am biased)... I also really like our ficm tuning...

Remember how long these trucks will last is judged by 1. how you drive it, 2. How agressive the tuning is, 3. the shape of the motor and systems before you start modding it

[email protected]

·
Registered
41 Posts
:whs: i have stock tty head bolts and drive my truck fairly hard and no problems yet and thats running the h&s 120 tune . i also have a stock egr cooler on there as well . but like said above it all in how u drive it and if there is and problems with oil cooler egr cooler or what ever thats un known. dont be afraid of all the stories about blown tty head bolts i have 200000 km on stock bolts .

·
matt
911 Posts
SCT!!!!!!!

·
Registered
963 Posts
I have ran Bill's (PHP) tunes in my gassers and been very happy with the results, I posted this question on their forum but I would like more opinions before shelling out some cash. Here is the deal, I have a 6.0 6speed 4x4, completely stock from what I can tell except a K&N CAI. I have had it for 3 months and pulled around 9,000 lbs with it 4 times now up Jellico moutain in East TN...no issues at all. No puking no odd behavior at all. I am not studding the truck.....yet. EGR delete is in my garage waiting to be installed, after getting the Gryphon and checking the EGT/EOT I will decide on the oil cooler. So here is the question, it came with a SuperChips FlashPaq and has had the performance tune running for a while. Power is good over stock but I know custom tunes would be better. What I am unsure of is would it be better to get the FICM Gryphon and keep running the FlashPaq with Atlas 40 or get a custom tuned CS and wait on the FICM tunes until funds build up? Would the Atlas 40 and SuperChip together over do the stock head bolts? Maybe just run the Atlas 40 alone, would power be similar to what I have now with the SuperChip? I know you guys have beat these tuner subjects to death and a lot of you run the Atlas tunes so any advise would be great.

Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance!:popcorn:
I have an SCT for sale for $300 shipped. unlocked and ready to ship

·
matt
911 Posts
I have an SCT for sale for $300 shipped. unlocked and ready to ship
id jump on this! also i cant vouch for him being a good seller!!

·
Registered
474 Posts
You can buy a sct tuner and 3 custom tunes for $400 through some places. Just an FYI.

·
Registered
963 Posts
You can buy a sct tuner and 3 custom tunes for $400 through some places. Just an FYI.
Thanks. Well then mine is $100 bucks cheaper and it has 3 custom tunes on it that will work on 03-04 trucks. I don't need the speed on strategies I already know. The 3 tunes on it are extreme Srl x, spd, and Srl. Also have a bank of other tunes too

·
Registered
963 Posts

·
matt
911 Posts
Np. Can't wait to get it

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
+1 on SCT Custom Tunes

1 - 18 of 18 Posts