Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to decide the differences between Innovative ficm tunes and Php's tunes for the ficms. Can there be a better one to go with than the other between the two tuners?

·
Registered
32 Posts
supposively they are the same but PHP offers a heater function for cold climate areas

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I heard that they are not the same. I hear that KEM has a great Ficm tune too

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone else have opinions with this? Have read a bunch of old threads on this saying that innovatives have cold start issues and that? I want to get Eric's moderate FICM tune but do not want cold start issues. Has anyone ever compared a php tuned FICM to a php on the same truck? Does a FICM tune add more timing? I just want the most powerful FICM tune I can get without having any problems with it. Will I need to get my ECM custom tunes rewritten for it?

·
FNG
6,018 Posts
Get the PHP tune. You wont need your ECM tunes rewritten

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
None of your tunes need to be written for the tuned FICM.

They usually say to get your FICM tuned by the same person that writes your tunes... FWIW.

I don't think you can go wrong with either one though, both are great guys to work with.

·
Registered
922 Posts
the ficm has nothing to do with the pcm strategy. so no you wont have to change your tunes. honestly i dont think you could go wrong either way. i think they all do about the same

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
been running eric's(innovative diesel) moderate tuned FICM for a few years so far and my truck starts up in the cold everytime i try it without it being plugged in. And everytime it starts it starts with no cold start issues.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Has anyone tested a ficm tune from php vs a tuned ficm from Eric? I am going to guess here but the php ficm tune and the mild ficm tune from innovative are pretty comparable. What is the difference in the moderate tune just a more customized tune with more power added?

·
Super Moderator
3,401 Posts
Not too many people have enough time/money to test/dyno both FICMS. IIRC Swamp's uses PHP tuning on their 48V/58V modded FICMs.

I went with PHP early in the FICM tuning game and have no problems with my cold weather starts. It does need some warm up time before I drive around but then I would believe most diesels act the same.

You will have to flip a coin and choose one. Either FICM will do just fine. $.02....

·
FNG
6,018 Posts
Not too many people have enough time/money to test/dyno both FICMS. IIRC Swamp's uses PHP tuning on their 48V/58V modded FICMs.

I went with PHP early in the FICM tuning game and have no problems with my cold weather starts. It does need some warm up time before I drive around but then I would believe most diesels act the same.

You will have to flip a coin and choose one. Either FICM will do just fine. $.02....
I had the same issue. Rev X cured it.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts

I remember Swamps saying that they can also use ID's FICM tuning with the 48v/58v modded FICMs

·
Super Moderator
3,401 Posts
I doubt any snake oil cures cold starts.

Rev X is just the new thing.....So was Black Onxy.....So was Hot Shots.......

·
Super Moderator
3,401 Posts
I remember Swamps saying that they can also use ID's FICM tuning with the 48v/58v modded FICMs
I do think you are correct. Either way they all give good FICM tuning.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
rev-x does help alot with cold start issues. It's already been tested and proven to do so.

·
FNG
6,018 Posts

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I'll let Tim(Dalpilot) chime in. He's a big dealer for Rev-x and gave 10 guys the rev-x that had injector stiction issues(cold start) for free. As a result, and if i remember correctly...all of them didn't have any stiction or cold start issues after. Just search the forums and find the threads that have the results posted of many who have tried it and found that it cured their problem. Here's alink from the diesel garage You guys ever use Rev X oil additive? - TheDieselGarage.com
There's many more threads

·
Super Moderator
3,401 Posts
I was just watching some of the videos on the Rev X site. There are some issues that I can compare my experiences with in those videos. The maroon F250 that had BAD starting issues and the HORRIBLE injector noise is my closest comparison to what I experienced. My truck sounded like it was going to come apart just like that one did on cold starts. So I drained out the Amzoil...swapped in Rot T synthetic (prior to T6). MY issue was gone.

The DRW truck in the vids is/was running the crappy oil filter with the built in tall oil cap.

My opinion is spend the extra cash on QUALITY oil. If you have to swap around brands then do so till you find one that makes your truck run right!!

I tried just about every readily available 5w40 in my truck. I'll use Mobil 1, Valvoline Extreme or T6 at OEM intervals. With 180k on my original injectors I got my proof.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I thought we were talking about tuned FICM's in this thread?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts