Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

So i'm finally going to take the plunge and re-burn my TS chip, but before I do I need some advise from some senior TS chip owners. Here is my question should I assign one position on the chip for "stock" tune or is this a waste of a position?

Here is my sample below of what i was going with.

Position 1*: Hi Idle

Position 2: Economy

Position 3: Daily

Position 4: Tow

Position 5: Street

Position 6: Extreme

Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

02EX
:ford:

·
COMPUTER BLUE
1,979 Posts
I am in the same sort of boat. But you may want to find out how much difference is in the economy modes and daily burns because what i have seen with some tunes there's not a lot of difference

·
< pissed off pumkin.
1,880 Posts
I think the big difference is gonna be shift strategy between say a econo ad a DD tune, I can drive in my race tune all day, but the hard shifts get a little old after awhile so I run in the 80e tune most of the time.

Dan

·
Registered
37 Posts
Also thinking of getting a flip chip to replace my flashpaq. Does anyone have any input on the Tunes from Black Cloud?

I think the tune layout you have described seems like the way to go but also wonder how close the Daily and Econo tunes are. Not sure Y you would need the stock tune unless you have problems with the vehicle and you need to put it back to stock for diagnostic reasons. Just a thought.

·
Registered
20 Posts
When I get my chip re-burned I want to have the whisper tune. Just a thought.

·
COMPUTER BLUE
1,979 Posts
I was just reading on a whisper tune that it doesnt really help a lot on the 7.3's . I think it would be nice to have as well, but i cant even fit in a drive through anyway with the fat ass of a dually lol

·
< pissed off pumkin.
1,880 Posts
I got the drive through tune on mine,a nd it works pretty good. I used it going through a drive through,a nd the girl had no probelm hearing me over the motor. I would say it compares to a 6.4 idle sound wise.

Dan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts