Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

tune or not?

4K views 52 replies 11 participants last post by  Blcksmk08 
#1 ·
I just bought a new 2010 ccsb 4x4 6 speed and i am wondering if i should chip it up or not i would really love to but i dont no what tp think about the warenty? anyone have a 2010 that is chiped up any thoughts good or bad let me know thanks?

#2 ·
spatan tuning intake, exhuast with dpf delet . but spartan all the way

#5 ·
When u need to go to the dealer put the dpf cat back in and detune it and they will never no. when u do it a couple times u can do it pretty quick. or find a performance friendly dealer. normal dealers will not bother u about a intake or exhaust.

#8 ·
Ask about a intake or exhaust dpf back do not mention a delete pipe and tuner. they will probably black flag ur file as soon as u ask about the delete and tuner. u shouldnt have to ask tho. i didnt my dealer isnt a friendly place but they like the exhaust and intake.

#7 ·
I have an 09 dually and, have had it tuned since it had 2200 miles on it. I have had zero problems with it. I don't trash it either. I did everything for mileage and I promise you you will like your truck alot better when you let it breath. plus like blcksmk08 said, everything is 100% bolt on and off. you can return your truck to stock for a trip to the dealer.

#10 ·
I sure would like to tune and delete mine. I pulled an inclosed trailer into the wind the other day and I wasent getting good mileage at all. Their was one guy that just kept his DPF in the back of his truck bed. He said he just taped it off and also put a few of the sockets that he needs and also a ratchet strap in his little kit. Just in case he needs to switch it out when hes on the road

#15 ·
the only things that will give you problems tuned or not will be the EGR and the mileage due to the DPF and its regen process.
after 36000, your warranty will be up. i tacked that on in less then a year with my truck, unless you got the extended warranty thing.
come on, everyones doing it:poke:

#23 ·
I was going to take it slow also... I've had the truck for two weeks now and am already shopping around for a tuner and DPF delete.

Not to derail but how much can the ZF6 handle? I heard that manual trucks were detuned from the factory so the transmissions would last longer. I also have a 450 and heard they were detuned so I really need a tuner to wake this beast up.

#25 ·
id have to say that if you dont rag on it or anything you could get by with it, the weakest link is the clutch anyways whichll be where your problem arises. i smoked a stock clutch in a year in my truck with mods in sig. its all about whether you have the brass downstairs to do it, only reason it had a stock clutch was money issues but its loving the valair now.:D

#33 ·
The over-zealous Ford diesel fans that are trying to prove these trucks are faster than the competition (or faster than the little ricer at the red-light), or, are compensating for some ego flaw, are an expense to all Ford truck owners, when they push warranty claims. For you the OP, a warranty claim reviewed by FORD reps (not the so-called mod-friendly dealer) will probably be denied, because no matter how cleanly you remove the mods, you cannot clean the memory in the on board computers. So essentially, you just bought a truck with a $30K drive train without a warranty. For me, part of cost compensation by FORD rolls out to everything we purchase at the dealership (i.e., a new truck, maintenance, parts, etc.)

My knowledge of diesel engines includes pump drivers in the petro-chemical field, and large marine vessels (15-20K HP) that ran non stop for a year plus between PMs. I have seen these "indestructible" engines split cylinder walls when cylinder pressures exceeded designed operating conditions due to a control system failure.

For all you sure to-flame-me tuners out there, this is not my first anti-mod post and it probably will not be my last. What you do to your truck out of pocket is none of my business. When you turn these trucks into toys and expect the warranty system to cover your abuse-for-fun behavior, YOU ARE NOW INTO MY POCKETS every time I go to the dealership.

Perhaps this would be a better compensator for some of you:

#40 ·
The over-zealous Ford diesel fans that are trying to prove these trucks are faster than the competition (or faster than the little ricer at the red-light), or, are compensating for some ego flaw, are an expense to all Ford truck owners, when they push warranty claims. For you the OP, a warranty claim reviewed by FORD reps (not the so-called mod-friendly dealer) will probably be denied, because no matter how cleanly you remove the mods, you cannot clean the memory in the on board computers. So essentially, you just bought a truck with a $30K drive train without a warranty. For me, part of cost compensation by FORD rolls out to everything we purchase at the dealership (i.e., a new truck, maintenance, parts, etc.)

My knowledge of diesel engines includes pump drivers in the petro-chemical field, and large marine vessels (15-20K HP) that ran non stop for a year plus between PMs. I have seen these "indestructible" engines split cylinder walls when cylinder pressures exceeded designed operating conditions due to a control system failure.

For all you sure to-flame-me tuners out there, this is not my first anti-mod post and it probably will not be my last. What you do to your truck out of pocket is none of my business. When you turn these trucks into toys and expect the warranty system to cover your abuse-for-fun behavior, YOU ARE NOW INTO MY POCKETS every time I go to the dealership.

Perhaps this would be a better compensator for some of you:

YouTube - Penile implants GP and Urologist Talking
Haha ya thats it... or we have a hobby- much like you have a hobby (which seems to be running your mouth in the wrong places). Not sure why you would join this site with the intention of bad mouthing about 98% of those who are members

#37 ·
The penile (not penial) implant video was to add some humor to the concept that you tuners are compensating for some shortcoming in life. I visit these forums for the soul purpose of seeing how many of these trucks are being molested by irresponsible people who push warranty claims after using them for toys. Those of us whom buy diesel trucks for their designed purpose are paying for your irresponsibility every time we walk into the dealership. 90%+ of the bad press for dodge, Ford and GM diesel trucks originates from failures caused by abuse-for-fun, irresponsible-tuner-wannabes. I love speed also, but when I want to play speed, I buy a car intended for performance driving, covered by a warranty that does not question how you drove it, and does not require modifications to make you XXXt your pants. I PAY for this in the original purchase price of the car. My posting this "smack" immediately after joining the site is not near as arrogant as what some of you try to get through Ford's warranty system! yeh,... wow!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.