Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new 2010 ccsb 4x4 6 speed and i am wondering if i should chip it up or not i would really love to but i dont no what tp think about the warenty? anyone have a 2010 that is chiped up any thoughts good or bad let me know thanks?

·
your mom
211 Posts
spatan tuning intake, exhuast with dpf delet . but spartan all the way

·
<--Under the Knife Again
1,400 Posts
Spartan tuning and the normal stuff then a clutch like a south bend dual disc is ur best bet. thats wat im running no problems. just need to install the new clutch and il be golden.

·
<--Under the Knife Again
1,400 Posts
When u need to go to the dealer put the dpf cat back in and detune it and they will never no. when u do it a couple times u can do it pretty quick. or find a performance friendly dealer. normal dealers will not bother u about a intake or exhaust.

·
<---new toy
856 Posts
I have an 09 dually and, have had it tuned since it had 2200 miles on it. I have had zero problems with it. I don't trash it either. I did everything for mileage and I promise you you will like your truck alot better when you let it breath. plus like blcksmk08 said, everything is 100% bolt on and off. you can return your truck to stock for a trip to the dealer.

·
<--Under the Knife Again
1,400 Posts
Ask about a intake or exhaust dpf back do not mention a delete pipe and tuner. they will probably black flag ur file as soon as u ask about the delete and tuner. u shouldnt have to ask tho. i didnt my dealer isnt a friendly place but they like the exhaust and intake.
You think i shoud go ask them about it or just do it?

I

·
0 Posts
You think i shoud go ask them about it or just do it?
I consider myself lucky. Any truck I have had under warranty and have needed to bring to the dealer for service, The service advisor allways asks if I returned the truck to stock so the tech doesn't write over it.
I have known the guy for years. Really nice guy, hell he even let me borrow the tool to torque my axels back in when I replaced the rearend..

Tough call. I hate taking stuff off and putting it back on so I could go to the dealer. The other thing is what do you do if the truck needs to be towed to a dealer..:shrug:

·
Registered
400 Posts
I sure would like to tune and delete mine. I pulled an inclosed trailer into the wind the other day and I wasent getting good mileage at all. Their was one guy that just kept his DPF in the back of his truck bed. He said he just taped it off and also put a few of the sockets that he needs and also a ratchet strap in his little kit. Just in case he needs to switch it out when hes on the road

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just dont no what to do i would love a spartan and 5 inch straight pipe but i just dont want to mess up and loose warenty

·
<--Under the Knife Again
1,400 Posts
The spartan wont leave any footprint. The dealer wont care about the exaust. I was the same way but trust me its worth it. Much better power and mileage is wat u gotta think about.

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
the only things that will give you problems tuned or not will be the EGR and the mileage due to the DPF and its regen process.
after 36000, your warranty will be up. i tacked that on in less then a year with my truck, unless you got the extended warranty thing.
come on, everyones doing it:poke:

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ya i want to bad but just my luck as soon as i do something will break thats just what im so afraid of thats all but right now im leaning tords doing it. What is a good intake to get?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts