Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 36' Toy Hauler that empty is 11,500, but loaded minimally will be 13.5-14K lbs that needs to get to Alaska. Wife LOVES this truck, and I wish it would catch fire in the middle of the night, but it's not the hill I want to die on.... If it were up to me, we would be in a 2014-15 6.7 time meow, but she owes 10k on this turd, so......

Truck info-

2006 F250 KR CCSB 4x4.
Motor blew @ 212k miles, currently has 225K, 13K being on newly "Bulletproofed" EGR deleted block. Tranny is original. Had a tune before it blew, but her dad made the shop delete it when they rebuilt the engine (biggest reason she doesn't want to dump it, daddy dropped $12K on it)

Just hauling the camper from Nashville to Clarksville, on 3-4% grade for a few miles, and flat after, this thing is a struggle-bus. I installed airbags, and it stops fine, but it lacks umph. The truck would "stutter" when cruising in tow/haul. It acted like it wanted to shift and would jump 100-200 RPM and go back down every 30 seconds or so unless I was accelerating. IDK if the torque converter was trying to engage or not. I may have just been cruising on the brink of a shift point and not known it, but I don't even remember what the RPM's were now.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Uhm.... what's your question?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
IDP and gear head are the top two.
Several smaller guys, like Brian jelich.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Kenner, LA
322 Posts
Swamps and Innovative. Had good luck with both. Love Swamps php customs for 7.3 and love Innovatives for the 6.0. Yanked 26k on my 44 goose with 6.0 on Innovatives Extreme tow. I liked it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts