Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man does this tune from Truck Source Diesel run hard. Shifts are perfect and aggressive. Nice and firm. Torque converter lockup is perfect and he has it locking up in in 3rd. It locks in third at a certain throttle position and other than that it drives like stock in normal driving conditions. Power is another story. By far the most powerful tune I have ran. It is more powerful than my SRL and my RCD race tune. I also have a aggressive street tune from Innovative. I know that it is not a race tune but my TSD tune has a lot more power. Tune runs pretty cool too. EGT's only get to about 1300 degrees which I think is pretty cool and then they drop off from there. 700 degrees with cruise on going 70. Boosts 30-31 on hard accel and boosts at 34-35 on a hard pull in OD to 90mph. Chris is an awesome fellow to deal with also.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to say this was the Super Panty Dropper. I have seen this tune being compared to Matt at Gearheads SRL. Now since I have both, they both have there differences. If you want a more aggressive shifting, earlier aggressive TC lockup I would go with TSD. I like driving a more aggressive tune as a daily driver. Super panties has linear power on the easy pedal. As, does SRL. Every custom tune I have ran has there differences though.

·
Registered
922 Posts
chris has done my tuning for awhile now. ive run that tune before and its the one i run now. every now and then he sends me a new one to try out and squeeze more power out of. this one by far has the most!

·
I Love Work'N On Hot Rods
1,549 Posts
I am going to try a custom tune next week. I have been debating for a while now whether or not to try ID xstreet, SRL+, Looney, or someone elses. How much does TSD charge for their tunes??

·
"Smoke A Lil Smoke"
2,054 Posts
I think xstreet is comparible to srl+ but I like the earlier shifting of the srl+. But of course you can have eric change the shifting to your liking since it is a custom tune. I'm gonna give tsd a try sometime for the hell of it just to see what it does.

·
I Love Work'N On Hot Rods
1,549 Posts
Well, I would stick with one of the big three for my first custom tune but depending on how much TSD charges for their tune I might start with them.

·
Registered
922 Posts
tsd and matt actually based there tunes off of eachother. matt used tsd's trucks for tuning and they both developed there base tune off of eachother. from there matt and chris have both tweaked the tunes slightly to their liking but i have ran both and they both ran dang near the same. tsd charges the same as matt iirc. they might have a discount for members. i promise you wont be disappointed with their tunes at all!

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
tsd and matt actually based there tunes off of eachother. matt used tsd's trucks for tuning and they both developed there base tune off of eachother. from there matt and chris have both tweaked the tunes slightly to their liking but i have ran both and they both ran dang near the same. tsd charges the same as matt iirc. they might have a discount for members. i promise you wont be disappointed with their tunes at all!
I would say the opposite that my two tunes from them are not dang near the same at all. The linear power throughout the pedal is the same yes but that is about all I think. It would not be a bad thing to compare them but I dont think they are THE SAME ay all really. My TSD tune is way more aggressive than my tune from Gearheads. Shifting is firmer. TC is earlier and more aggressive. Power is even harder and comes on faster than my SRL, Not bashing the SRL at all it is a great tune but I just dont think my tunes are that comparable. My truck seems to spool and boost faster too.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You are going to find price to about the same no matter who you go with. Quick Tricks has a good price and if you are looking for best price Tony Wildmans 6.0 tunes. You should just email each of them or pm them to ask about each of their tunes,

·
Registered
922 Posts
they might not be the same anymore but i was just sayin that from the start the shift points are prob about the same and what not. it might pull harder faster and longer and be better all around but i bet the shift points are pretty close to the same as well as the petal position. both are great tuners though

·
Registered
922 Posts
on mine tsd's is a tad bit smokier but nothing like just rolling out. it has a slight haze to it when your moving. matt's didnt hardly have any haze at all. now ive heard in general that eric's can be alittle smokey for some

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My Tsd's and Gearheads are about the same smoke wise. I have an aggressive street tune from ERic and that smokes more than my SRL and super panty dropper. If you stomp it on no or low boost they will all smoke then just haze out.

·
Stock Sucks!
330 Posts
How does the TSD tunes compare to Matt and Erics when it comes to smoke?
I raced another member on here with the same mods as me except his is a lwb from 70 mph I had exstreet and he had the super panties from tsd he pulled on me pretty good! I still need to get a pyro then im gonna have chris tune my truck.

·
Stock Sucks!
330 Posts
but I do like erics tunes!

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yea all my custom tunes are great. Can't go wrong with either of them in my book. My super panties is a strong runner though that is for sure. I have not ran ex Street or Ex Race though but definitely would like to to compare them.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I raced another member on here with the same mods as me except his is a lwb from 70 mph I had exstreet and he had the super panties from tsd he pulled on me pretty good! I still need to get a pyro then im gonna have chris tune my truck.
You said that his was a long bed? Yea Chris will get you set up. I like all my custom tunes just some have more power then other's and who doesnt like power

1 - 17 of 17 Posts