Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my chip and tunes from Gearhead, i want to mount the switch in between the window controls and the lock/unlock button, any tricks on running the wire? or where have you mounted your switch?

·
Coal Train Diesel
255 Posts
I don't think they come with enough cable to go thru the door jam atleast I no mine didn't. I must put mine on the dash panel about the fuse panel next to the steering wheel adjust bar.

Sent from my VS930 4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
217 Posts
I have seen it mounted above the window buttons on the door on an OBS. Can't remember what thread it was, just do a general search. Good luck!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
310 Posts
I mounted my switch next to the 4x4 selector on the dash. It's out of the way and in a replaceable panel if I ever have the need. Also there are some selectors available that are led indicators that mount in a gauge pod. They look nice.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I cut the entire back out of the case, but yes a piece of tape is securing the chip.

·
Registered
168 Posts
When I put mine in I left the case there and cut a hole in the case just big enough to fit the wire through so its still as factory as possible. I mounted my switch on the right side of the colomn so its not seen by anyone that walks up on the drivers side of my pickup.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts