Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 PSD and I was wondering if anyone recommended this tuner or any others? I have 110,000 miles with no major problems. I use this as a daily driver and plow truck. I was concerned with longevity issues and tranny problems with a tuner. The help would greatly be appreciated!

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
Ts chips are what's on about 90% of the 7.3s on this sites, but that's also because the custom tuners use them too. But with adding a chip I always advise my customers on also adding either a shift kit or nodded valve body to the trans.

We carry ts chips with ts tunes, tony wildman tunes and swamps tunes, if you want some pricing shoot me a pm.

·
PSN Local
137 Posts
A chip really should not affect engine longevity as long as you take care of the truck and due regular maintenance. If your going to be driving it hard i would definitely suggest some tranny upgrades though.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,331 Posts
Also gauges are a necessity when a chip is installed

·
ford made it ih shakes it
48 Posts
i got one on my 94 and i love it makes tons of power when i need it just gotta watch my gauges when i crank it up to the 140 range!!!!

·
Buy Low Sell High
54 Posts
Iv'e got one on my 97 and love it awsome power and gave me 10 more psi of boost on stage 6. Money well spent.

·
Real Trucks Rattle!
196 Posts
Hey guys. Im new here and have a few questions. I just bought a 96 F250 7.3 with good mods. Garret turbo, banks intercooler mod, 100hp injectors, banks intake, banks trans command, and "ts" 6 postion tuner. I was wondering if it would hurt my truck in any way if I removed the turner? It is said it has been custom tuned by Tony Wildman 1-eco 2-extreme 3-street 4-tow 5-smoke 6-high idle. They seem to do what I was told just from tinkering but I want different tunes. I don't need extreme and all that I like my tranny in 1pc plus I don't know the HP ratings for each. Little help on what I can or should do to find out exactly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've got a 6 pos ts on my 96 auto. Had it a little over a year. Well worth the money I think. Just make sure you ditch the factory dp.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts