Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Laces Out
12,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dennis just called and said the MP-8 is ready for the 6.7 . He said it adds up to 100 rwhp. Seat of the pants power is greatly improved, and the truck drives just like the day you bought it, just with more horsepower. You can call TS directly starting monday and orders will begin shipping friday. its nice to see something available now. no intake or exhaust required, and includes on the fly adjustability.

·
Lead-Don't follow.
990 Posts
Sounds like a win win!!
Way to go TS! can't wait to see times or video of these 6.7s doin work!

·
Laces Out
12,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like a win win!!
Way to go TS! can't wait to see times or video of these 6.7s doin work!
he said with it turned down a bit, they dropped almost a full second in the 1/4 mile. this isnt supposed to be any ground breaking hp, just a good start, and a good increase for 75% of the normal world.

·
Waitin' on 500
2,109 Posts
Thats great to hear.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Woot! Thats awesome to hear!!

Is the 100hp gain with the 400hp/800 flash or is that with the 390/735 flash?

But regardless, that means this things got over 500 crank hp and 1000 torque with the tune using all emissions crap. Just think about that for a minute, WOW! :bowfast:

I hope they put some videos up!

·
Laces Out
12,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Woot! Thats awesome to hear!!

Is the 100hp gain with the 400hp/800 flash or is that with the 390/735 flash?

But regardless, that means this things got over 500 crank hp and 1000 torque with the tune using all emissions crap. Just think about that for a minute, WOW! :bowfast:

I hope they put some videos up!
one truck they are testing has the flash, another they are testing does not. neither are dyno proven, they are basing this increase soley on prior data and sotp. the box gains 100 on a stock 6.4, 100 on a CR 5.9 , cummins 6.7 and duramax. its a pretty basic theory that relates similarly on all comon rail trucks, utilizing increase in rail pressure.

·
Banned
459 Posts
niceeee

·
Lead-Don't follow.
990 Posts
he said with it turned down a bit, they dropped almost a full second in the 1/4 mile. this isnt supposed to be any ground breaking hp, just a good start, and a good increase for 75% of the normal world.
Sounds good to me!
You have to start somewhere and it sounds like Dennis and the gang are at the front of this line so far.
I'm just a bit happy it wasn't a Banks 6 gun or something, although I'm a bit surprised it wasn't.

·
Cars by Kris
110 Posts
Great to see something like this has come to market. Any word on whether or not they can tune the truck so a DPF Delete will work?

·
Registered
772 Posts
good to hear. Im surprised that no one had one of those 30 dollar ebay boxes out yet.

·
R.I.P PSN
1,146 Posts
wow im glad to hear that they are actually coming out with a box for these trucks already. good job TS!

·
Registered
111 Posts
hopefully this wont cause other manufactures to push thier product out befor they are tested properly.Good job on the first avalible programmer on the market.

·
Laces Out
12,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
guys, this is not a programmer. this is a pressure box. it only controls the rail pressure. it is not a down loader.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Way to go TS!

I cant wait to see what these things can do.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Help me please, I am lost as to how something concerning fuel pressure can be flipped on the fly. You say it's a "Pressure Box" am I correct in assuming it's electronic though? Controls pressure through the PCM or what?

Just trying to learn some here!
Thanks,

·
Village Idiot
1,054 Posts
It's more like an inline fooler than a programmer. It sends a modified signal to the PCM to make it do different things such as raise rail pressure at times it's not programmed to do so. The part you can switch on the fly is in the fooler box itself so instead of say a factor of 1.5 it lies by a factor of 2 or 3.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts