Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
IH Diesel Power
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to get a new chip for my truck but idk which one to pick, the ts is the cheapest but when im doin it i want to get the best, if i could get some input that would be great

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Not to be a jerk, but have you searched?

Everyone that replies here is going to tell you something different and it's something that has been gone over about 17 trillion times.

There are about 8-9 different names you're going to get here. Spin the wheel and choose.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
BDP use the TS style chip but better tunes, also TW is good, DP does good too but has haters lately. and a few others are good too so just pick your poison.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I would say choose between... TW, Beans, Swamps, PHP, Elite, BTS in no particular order. You will be happy.

·
Back to Civilian Life!!
2,469 Posts
Its the operators choice. Everybody has there own opinions about the tunes they run so just pick one of the many.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
TS, DP or TW?

How about not TS, then pick one.

;)
WHS

TS is the generic platform for which most custom tuners use for there tunes.

If you get DP your stuck with them as they are the only ones that use the moates style chip:doh:

Go with gearhead

·
Metal - It kicks your ass
3,090 Posts
What they're saying. You'll be happy with anything thats not a shelf tune.

Off the top of my head: DPP, PHP, Matt, Beans, Swamps, BTS, DI, and the list goes on. Make sure it's from a site sponsor or we will have to nuder you.:D

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have had TW and DP. I now tune my own stuff and Live tuning is the way to go.

And you will have your likes and dis likes about any chip you get.

·
IH Diesel Power
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Alright Thanks, i am just wonderin wat everyone thought

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
While it is true that going with DP means you have to use their tunes, they did a test a month ago in a diesel mag and there wasn't that much of a difference between the tuners. IOW, there was no one tuner that was head and shoulders above the rest. They took a truck with a set number of mods and let the tuners go wild then put the truck with the tune on the dyno.

So, while the TS chip, you have choices, what real choice do you have? Do you want KFC on 4th, 5th or 6th Street? Might be slight difference but not much real difference.

I prefer the DP chip because it is more technologically advanced than the old obsolete rotary dial stuff. Also with the F6, you can download tunes WITHOUT taking it out. It takes me a while to R&R it since I tape the chip down. To R&R it, I have to unhitch the harness, take it out, cut the tape and remove. Also I put a piece of sponge between the tape and chip so the sticky stuff doesn't contact the chip. With the F6 I would be able to download the tunes and do a "try before you buy". IOW, you download the tune you have 10 ignition cycles before it locks out. So if you like it, pay for it and Jody gives you the unlock codes. If not, you aren't out much.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I love my dp. I don't understand why you would want to run tunes from different tuners. If you get it dialed in why change? Jody got my truck doing just what I wanted it to do so I'm done and happy. Just my $.02.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I love my dp. I don't understand why you would want to run tunes from different tuners. If you get it dialed in why change? Jody got my truck doing just what I wanted it to do so I'm done and happy. Just my $.02.
I would change only if I could find something that was head and shoulders above the others. IOW, not for a small gain of maybe 5HP on the dyno. It has to be more than that unless I am racing for money.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Lets use this example...

The majority of us guys prolly try out multiple different girls before choosing the 'one' :blah:

Same applies to chips. Hey chips chicks, kinda goes togetherLOL

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Lets use this example...

The majority of us guys prolly try out multiple different girls before choosing the 'one' :blah:

Same applies to chips. Hey chips chicks, kinda goes togetherLOL
You tell your wife how many girls you tried out before you reached her? :evil

You also know that some guys try them out and then find the one but get a little different action on the side, right? :D

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
You tell your wife how many girls you tried out before you reached her? :evil

You also know that some guys try them out and then find the one but get a little different action on the side, right? :D

Better yet why not ask her how many she tried out before getting stuck with..... :eek::D:D:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Better yet why not ask her how many she tried out before getting stuck with..... :eek::D:D:D:D:D:D
In my case, I happen to know. :D

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Me to; Mine that is;

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Me to; Mine that is;
OTOH, sometimes they do say that it is better to enjoy their skill and not wonder where it came from. LOL

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.