Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched, but did not see what I was looking for. I have been seeing you can get the TS chip with TS tunes for $around $230 shipped; on my stock truck with intake and exhaust, and valve body mod, would I really see enough difference to pay double for another tuners "generic" tunes?

·
The Fireman
4,810 Posts
Yes you would. The TS tunes are VERY generic. The tunes you would get from someone like Matt at Gearhead, Bill at PHP or Swamps have been tested and twicked for the best performance for YOUR truck. Even though there not live tuned they are bast off of other trucks just like yours and if somethings not right you send it back to them and they make it right for you and make it the way you like it.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Tommy,

Just so you know, when you buy tunes from some like us or Matt, even our "generic" tunes are not generic. We still takes into consideration many of the basic factors such as tires, gears, CAI, FPR, and such in order to provide quality calibrations for your specific application. Because we spend this extra time on the tuning, our prices are a little bit more. We're not saying that fully generic tunes won't work well, just sometimes it's the little things that make all the difference in how the truck performs.

Hope this helps.

·
owner/president
2,768 Posts
Yes you would. The TS tunes are VERY generic. The tunes you would get from someone like Matt at Gearhead, Bill at PHP or Swamps have been tested and twicked for the best performance for YOUR truck. Even though there not live tuned they are bast off of other trucks just like yours and if somethings not right you send it back to them and they make it right for you and make it the way you like it.
Thats funny how you always seem to leave out DP Tuner,when some one has a question about tunes or custom tunes.(oh ya its you who does that on purpose):doh:LOLLOLLOL

·
OBS junkie
8,249 Posts
Thats funny how you always seem to leave out DP Tuner,when some one has a question about tunes or custom tunes.(oh ya its you who does that on purpose):doh:LOLLOLLOL
Unless something changed DP doesn't even burn tunes on TS chips anymore.

·
owner/president
2,768 Posts
Unless something changed DP doesn't even burn tunes on TS chips anymore.
I know CAT, he's just always down on DP Tuner any chance he can.

·
OBS junkie
8,249 Posts
I know CAT, he's just always down on DP Tuner any chance he can.
It's a public forum, he can leave a vender out if he wishes. He isn't bashing on them in here right now so let's keep it on track.

My picks for tunes- (in no special order)

Aggie
MattR66
Wildman
Powerhungry
Swamps

Reburns are usually $150 from said vendors.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Since you brought it up, there are some tuners that I wouldn't recommend. Nobody else mentioned DP-Tuner in regards to the OP's question except you and this is somehow my fault? :poke:

·
owner/president
2,768 Posts
Since you brought it up, there are some tuners that I wouldn't recommend. Nobody else mentioned DP-Tuner in regards to the OP's question except you and this is somehow my fault? :poke:
Nope,i have no problem with PHP or Matts tunes.

·
owner/president
2,768 Posts
I apolagize for the derailment to the OP. This is not how this was supposed to go.:doh:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's a public forum, he can leave a vender out if he wishes. He isn't bashing on them in here right now so let's keep it on track.

Aggie
MattR66
Wildman
Powerhungry
Swamps

Thats another one, $230 shipped for a TS chip, then $150 for a reburn, but I have not seen any mentioned vendors with a loaded chip for $380. I just don't have an unlimited budget for this stuff, gotta feed and clothe the kids, and I'm not asking for a pity party, just trying to get the most for my buck...tried the used chip route with a DP, was not happy that route.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Thats another one, $230 shipped for a TS chip, then $150 for a reburn, but I have not seen any mentioned vendors with a loaded chip for $380. I just don't have an unlimited budget for this stuff, gotta feed and clothe the kids, and I'm not asking for a pity party, just trying to get the most for my buck...tried the used chip route with a DP, was not happy that route.
Maybe you missed it... ;)

http://dygytalworld.ehost-services139.com/php/Phoenix_4-Position_Chip.html

Check the pricing chart. Loaded 6 position runs $350.00 or less. I think others are about the same price but you'll have to check with them since pricing changes frequently.

Take care.

·
dinnerbooter treasurer
3,567 Posts

Aggie
MattR66
Wildman
Powerhungry
Swamps

Thats a good list.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
I like my ts tunes...no they are not the bomb digity.
But they are way better then oem,most flash packs , and I don't need one eye on the gauges all the time.....eventually I will get tweaked tunes but they work fior me right now.
Helps if you don't know better too...lol

Ps don't forget di

·
The Fireman
4,810 Posts

·
<<< Power
3,456 Posts
FWIW, I recently got my hands on a TS chip. I pulled the PHP chip I am runnin and put the TS in just to see what it was like.

I pulled over on the side of the road after maybe a mile and changed the chips back. It was that bad...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.