Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a Ts 4 position chip on my 2000 F-250, I have 4in exhaust, intake, and now the chip. After installing the chip, I noticed that after about minutes of regular driving my service engine soon light came on? I have read that if you get on it sometimes it will come on. But I am driving regular whaen it does. I have read that it could be the connectionto PCM not being clean, or that it could have been burned for a 1st generation 7.3 and I have a 2nd generation? I would rather not pull the PCM if i dont have to because I wouldnt wanna risk doing something to it. Does anyone have any insight?? I called the maker and they said that they are not sure for me to pay to get it reburned. I bought the chip off craigslist and the guy had it on a 99 7.3.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Alright. First thing you need to do is take the chip off. You said you don't want to pull the PCM..? How did you get the chip on there in the first place if you haven't pulled the PCM? If the chip is for a 99 then it will not work the way it is made to on an 02. Also these TS chips are not very good. So I don't know you managed to put it on without pulling the PCM out but you outta take it off and get it reburnt for a 2002. TS charges $50 to do it.

IMHO you should get custom tunes. Generic TS chips aren't the best. PM me if you have any questions.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts