Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Wheelie Dude
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TS just informed me thier prices are going up and by what we were paying before to what we will be paying is right at a 50.00 per chip increase. I am not sure if everyone else's price will be reflecting the same increase but if it does I have a proposition. Why dont all of us go up on our chips so we dont have to obsorb this in our profits. If we all do it then we all make money and no one is cuttin throats.

Good idea or no?

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Ryan,
I used to get my chips from Bill (PHP), but the TS backlog has forced me to buy right from Premier, and they are right at $50 more than what I paid for from Bill.
So I raised my prices $50 about a month ago.
I'm still less than what you guys charge (due to my very limited tunes on hand) but it had to be done.

I think we'll all have to raise prices...

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
ouch... so first they take their sweet as time making them and now they are raising the prices.... honestly i wouldnt mind paying the 50 bucks more if they could keep up with the demand and not be on backorder

-Raul

·
Laces Out
12,312 Posts
ouch... so first they take their sweet as time making them and now they are raising the prices.... honestly i wouldnt mind paying the 50 bucks more if they could keep up with the demand and not be on backorder

-Raul
honestly this isnt a "sweet time" issue, they private label a lot for folks, many of the people on here for certain, but i would assume the price increase has come from the drop in overall chip sales. i dont think they are raising the price to pad the pocket, but because they arent making 5k at a time like they used to and be demanded of, they just are buying what they were and their price has gone up, undoubtedly, this is only my guess.

David, whats the new sniper 8 positions going for?
does sniper not use the ts platform anymore?

p.s. maybe i can get dennis to post in here with first hand info.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Bill first informed me about a month and a half ago that I could not get anymore chips from him (for the time being hopefully) because TS did not order enough chips to meet their '09 demand (or something like that). In fact, Bill was told they sold out 1/2 through the year (or something), and come 2010 did not have any more chips for 'the little guys' like Bill, Tony, etc, but first took care of supplying Premier who buys 500 at a time. So our only choice is to buy from Premier until TS has more chips available to the little guys.

It sure doesn't look like a drop in demand when they sell all they have 1/2 way through the year and now there's a long waiting line to get them...

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Bill first informed me about a month and a half ago that I could not get anymore chips from him (for the time being hopefully) because TS did not order enough chips to meet their '09 demand (or something like that). In fact, Bill was told they sold out 1/2 through the year (or something), and come 2010 did not have any more chips for 'the little guys' like Bill, Tony, etc, but first took care of supplying Premier who buys 500 at a time. So our only choice is to buy from Premier until TS has more chips available to the little guys.

It sure doesn't look like a drop in demand when they sell all they have 1/2 way through the year and now there's a long waiting line to get them...
but does that mean you have to buy full TS chips or can you get black ones as well...

an yah they had been short handing Tony since mid last year...

-Raul

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
David, whats the new sniper 8 positions going for?
Those are made by Moates. Same as DP's chips. I don't like the sniper chips because anybody can just get the sniper burner and software and copy as many as they want. I know if someone really wants it bad enough you can do the same with a TS chip, but do we really want any shops buying one chip and then copying them all day long?

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Mike,

Sniper switched over to their own chips a while back. They were also going thru the supply issues from ts.

I bet a lot of it has to do with like mike said, the numbers are dwindling and in order for ts to have them made at the same price, they have to do big batches. less orders mean fewer batches and more sporadic supply. if premier orders 500 and i order 20, why would they provide me my 20 to short premiers PO.

·
Registered
8,252 Posts
Those are made by Moates. Same as DP's chips. I don't like the sniper chips because anybody can just get the sniper burner and software and copy as many as they want. I know if someone really wants it bad enough you can do the same with a TS chip, but do we really want any shops buying one chip and then copying them all day long?
I can read any TS chip and it wouldn't be hard for anyone else to that really wanted to do it:poke:

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
I can read any TS chip and it wouldn't be hard for anyone else to that really wanted to do it:poke:
Well, you have at least some integrity:poke:

Some shops/individuals out there may not and therefore I don't like selling a single chip just so they can go around me. I wouldn't put it past someone just buy a chip only to stamp out multiples for 160 dollars a piece...... that and I'm not sold on the Moates platform's ability to deal with EMI like HIDs. Everyone gets the ability to copy tunes off the sniper chips by default. The only people that can do it with the TS chips are the old farts that have very old software.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts