Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to gauge interest in a dash plate that would mount the rotary switch for the the TS style chip and I could add a spot for a T/C lock up switch or whatever else you would want. I'm pretty sure farm boy posted a plate like this. I work at a machine shop and have the ability to mass produce these. They would also be CNC engraved with numbers for the positions and I could do a Powerstrokenation thing on them as well. I'm not 100% on the price yet but I'm thinking I could make them out of high quality aluminum (or stainless or whatever but it'll cost ya) and keep the price under $50. If I can mass produce a bunch of the same one then that will be the cheapest but if I end up having to make these person by person and doing different things the price will go up accordingly. Honestly I would like to make about 500 of these and sell them to one of our site sponsors so I wouldn't have to deal with all the orders. If a site sponsor buys a batch of them I could engrave them with the sponsors name for a custom touch.

So anyone in the market for something like this? Btw I'm open to other easily machined parts for our trucks if you've got something in mind. And hopefully I'm not breaking site rules by gauging interest.

Thanks.

·
Gone Broke
1,072 Posts
sounds kinda cool.. Got any pics or ablue-print of what it might look like??

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No not yet, I wanna see if people are interested before I'll draw it up. Btw any questions feel free to call me at 443 243 6891 names Jared.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Laser cut letters lil piece of platic and an led for a higher end model,
Or mabey just a hooded led or something to see the switch at night.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like the light idea :D

·
Registered
15,561 Posts
another member had already talked about doing this, also if your gonna sell them in mass amounts then you would have to become a site sponsor. kinda un fair to the other site sponsors who pay to be a vendor on this site and you arent paying.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
another member had already talked about doing this, also if your gonna sell them in mass amounts then you would have to become a site sponsor. kinda un fair to the other site sponsors who pay to be a vendor on this site and you arent paying.
If the idea becomes a reality then I'd be more then willing to pay or work through an existing vendor...

Farmboy posted something similar but said he wouldn't be able to mass produce.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I would need to see a pic....

I'm pretty sure farm boy posted a plate like this
where?

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
I'd like to have a mount similair to the older DP tuner F5? mount, where it puts the switch next to one of the gauges by having a ring that is around the gauge.

THIS

I've had my switch wedged between the top of the dash and the bottom gauge in my A-pillar pod for so long I don't want to put it anywhere else. :D

Dave

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well geuss there's not much sense in me finishing these if nobody would want them...

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
Here's mine to get ya'll started...

·
We put the FU! in FUN
1,625 Posts

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
I like that!!!!

Some suggestions would be to loose the screws faces and add the threaded studs to the back of the plate or a round stud head locked into the plate (square hole whatever). Cleans up the look some. You could add anodizing with the engraved or laser'd graphics. But regardless I still like it very much. I like the added switches to it. Its clean and easy to read and use.

·
Registered
987 Posts
I like it a lot and if you were able to produce these I'd like to get one!

·
F250 Black Cloud Edition
690 Posts
Ive been thinking about the same thing. Im thinking about making a gauge sized plate and getting a 4 pod pillar and putting it in the top hole. I would love to figure out how to get leds to work on each setting. I run a waterjet at work, and have access to a end mill. Just need to work out the rest of the stuff.

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
Ive been thinking about the same thing. Im thinking about making a gauge sized plate and getting a 4 pod pillar and putting it in the top hole. I would love to figure out how to get leds to work on each setting. I run a waterjet at work, and have access to a end mill. Just need to work out the rest of the stuff.
That's a good idea. I have a drawing with my plate and a hole cut for a gauge. Im gonna have to think of something cool to cut out for my new truck. I would also like to figure out a light to light up when its on each different setting. I might just have them all light up at night. That should give me something to do today.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
well you could do it mechanically.
hope you can imagine what I am saying.
if the numbers are cut through and back lit
add a thin piece of red translucent plastic about lets say 1/4 wide but thin
(like a thin slice of a credit card)
have it match up with the knob and what ever possition it is in will be red.
numbers would be cool but prob laser cut items only.

i suppose you could do a similar version, drilling out indicator lights next to a number or just 6 dots around the knob.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts