Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I installed the ts chip today with stock tunes. I like it so far. Breaks the tires loose easily on 100hp. But it smokes like a freight train at 140hp.

·
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER
2,342 Posts
not enough air..what are you pushing for boost??what air intake you running?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have gauges yet. And the boost works well at 100hp. Idk on 140 because ibdont want to kill my truck lol. I think I have an AFE intake on it. It was on when I bought it.

·
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER
2,342 Posts
in the future post your performance questions here 7.3L Power Stroke - Aftermarket Performance - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
or here 7.3L Power Stroke Technical Info - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
you will get more help there..this is the general aftermarket sections for things like lights, tool box's ect. ect...
black smoke on a high setting on a stock truck is common.. a boost gauge and a EGT gauge will tell us how far off you are if at all..you should get a trans temp gauge if you have an auto as well...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks man, I plan on getting gauges soon. Although all these people want black smoke from their powerstrokes and apparently they cant if their truck is stock. So I figured it wouldnt be smoking that crazy but on 140hp i was doing 55 and i went up to 60 and blacked out the road behind me it was that crazy. Do you think i have upgraded injectors?
I read thats the only thing that will make a powerstroke smoke like that.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
In addition to no air volume, low fuel pressure, poor HP oil pressure will make it smoke more. IMO, a stock SD seems to run best on a mid power file-- forget those '140' files with stock injectors.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the 50hp is alright the 75hp is ok but the 100hp is nice and ill only use the 140hp for douche bags on my ass or for those cummins douches who think they can smoke. not lying this truck smokes better than any truck in my area. And btw im not the one for smoke all the time, i like going fast than being an a-hole.

·
Big dumb redneck
4,200 Posts
ill only use the 140hp for douche bags on my ass or for those cummins douches who think they can smoke. not lying this truck smokes better than any truck in my area.
To be completely honest, this statement makes you 100% the same as these said douches you mentioned. Don't fuss about your truck smoking when you apparently use it the same as most other "coal oralers"

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll have a purpose when I do it. Not like these kids who do it to any prius they see or a bicyclist.

·
Big dumb redneck
4,200 Posts
And that purpose is to show them that you too can black out an intersection? Yea, you really have a "purpose". Not trying to be a prick here dude, but you have to see the hypocrisy in what you keep typing....

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I never said I wanted to black out an intersection did I? Im pretty sure I said it's too keep people of my ass.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I'd stop with the" it's to keep people off my ass" jibberish. If you use your common sense, you'd know that stabbing the throttle is doing exactly what everyone is telling you that you are doing. You don't have to flat out say I'm smoking out an intersection, we know what you are doing. Back to your issue. Alot of your smoke issues is in your tuning. I have stage 2 injectors and don't hardly smoke at all. Matter of fact, when Power struck was live tuning my truck, he watched my exhaust pipe like a hawk trying to get as least amount of smoke as possible. Yeah when I crank my chip up I get instant smoke but it cleans up quick. But my turbo and air movement helps with that too. Expect alot of smoke when you turn your chip up especially on stock injectors but use your noggin when you're doing it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
OP's posts are about as contridictory as any I've ever seen.
Your signature says you have 10" stacks too, and i quote, "ts chip, love it, smokes more than a cummins"
That doesn't help your case brother

·
Registered
619 Posts
OP's posts are about as contridictory as any I've ever seen.
Your signature says you have 10" stacks too, and i quote, "ts chip, love it, smokes more than a cummins"
That doesn't help your case brother
:whs:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just because I say it smokes more than a Cummins doesn't mean I do it to everybody all the time. And I like my 10" stack. That has nothing to do with anything. I don't like smoking out cars. I always look behind me to make sure there are no cars when i do it because I don't do unto others what I wouldn't want done to me.

·
<---Peggy Sue
842 Posts
Just because I say it smokes more than a Cummins doesn't mean I do it to everybody all the time. And I like my 10" stack. That has nothing to do with anything. I don't like smoking out cars. I always look behind me to make sure there are no cars when i do it because I don't do unto others what I wouldn't want done to me.
I think you should just go buy a cummins and take your 10" stack and put it in it and blow smoke all over the place like the rest of them.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What are you talking about? the guy said it was 8" when I bought it. I got home and measured it and it was 10" get over it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
To help with your question other than like most of the posts on here complaining about "rolling coal". The first thing to do is check your air filter and then get some gauges. But I also have a ts and on the highest setting it does smoke pretty good for a few seconds then cleans out so I think that's just going to happen. Hopefully this helps some. Obviously people can't understand the purpose of you starting this thread. Good luck

·
Big dumb redneck
4,200 Posts
We all know the purpose of him starting this thread. If he hadn't thrown in there what he keeps saying this never would have blown up in his face.

And I'm going to take another shot at him, so get dafuq over it....
Op, you just stated you don't bury your foot in it if there are cars behind you...you only do it if no one is behind you....and you honestly think this makes it ok? I'll restate my previous response....you are no different than the douchbags you claim you hate. You can hate us all you want, but you honestly can't expect good things when you hop on a forum and talk about doing the things that us as a diesel community frown so heavily upon. If you seriously think it's ok, and there's no harm in it as long as "no cars are behind me", then leave here and go join the Cummins forums where that mentality is accepted.

·
<---Peggy Sue
842 Posts
We all know the purpose of him starting this thread. If he hadn't thrown in there what he keeps saying this never would have blown up in his face.

And I'm going to take another shot at him, so get dafuq over it....
Op, you just stated you don't bury your foot in it if there are cars behind you...you only do it if no one is behind you....and you honestly think this makes it ok? I'll restate my previous response....you are no different than the douchbags you claim you hate. You can hate us all you want, but you honestly can't expect good things when you hop on a forum and talk about doing the things that us as a diesel community frown so heavily upon. If you seriously think it's ok, and there's no harm in it as long as "no cars are behind me", then leave here and go join the Cummins forums where that mentality is accepted.

:bowfast:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts