Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thinking about buying one of these. anyone have any experience with them? whats the power like? fuel economy? Will is soot when i need it too?:ford:. let me hear some opinions
will

·
Lovin the Tuna
8,353 Posts
Get a TS chip with one of sponsor/vendors custom tunes on it (Swamps, Diesel innovations, gearhead, beans, and the list goes on). Then you can choose the tunes for all your needs.

·
Registered
900 Posts
:whs: Atleast your looking at buy the right style of chip instead of messing around with other crap chips like most people do and as get a custom tuned chip from one the sponsors on here like Swamps or gearhead

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
Use the search function, there are many threads with many opinions. If you like something you read look into that sponsor, or give them a call. There are so many options!

I'm getting my new tunes from matt at gearhead tommorrow, can't wait. I've heard great things about him, and expect no less when it gets installed.

·
The Fireman
4,810 Posts
I love my tunes from Matt at Gearhead but there are LOTS of great tuners here for the TS Chips. I'm sure you would be happy with any of them.

·
SonicDiesel99
32 Posts
I've been running my TS chip for a few years now and it works great. The power is awesome. I get around 17-18 MPG with my truck if I behave.:pullover:LOL As for soot it will let some loose but you won't leave a huge cloud behind. Definately get one from one of the vendors here.:D

·
Metal - It kicks your ass
3,090 Posts
Custom tunes beat shelf tunes any day of the week. If your getting a TS chip make sure you get it from a sponsor/vendor and have there tunes put on it.

My tunes come from Diesel Performance Plus (sponsor) but the tunes were written by Bill Cohron. I like them very much and it does'nt smoke much compared to some of my buddies trucks.

·
<< wasted fuel >>
1,566 Posts
pick a good tuner for your chip,(di, swamps, gearhead, php, beans) and you cant go wrong.

when you find the ones you want give them a call, any site sponser's will very happy to assistice you.

·
2002 F-350 4X4
57 Posts
Just got my new TS chip today but need to get it reprogrammed. Thinking of going with the TS Tunes but I am open for suggestions for an OBS 97' F350 CC, Longbed with 4" lift and running 35's. Any help is greatly appreciated. My son drives an 02' with Banks and is waiting for my results to switch over.

·
3,090 Posts
Just got my new TS chip today but need to get it reprogrammed. Thinking of going with the TS Tunes but I am open for suggestions for an OBS 97' F350 CC, Longbed with 4" lift and running 35's. Any help is greatly appreciated. My son drives an 02' with Banks and is waiting for my results to switch over.

Dont get TS tunes, like they have said before. Browse through the sponsors. Any of them will be waaaay better than shelf tunes (TS).

And tell your son he does'nt need to see your results to switch from banks. There tunes are very conservative and weak. Custom tunes on and SCT or even better IMO custom tunes on a TS chip will be all you ever need as far as tunes.

·
2002 F-350 4X4
57 Posts
Any suggestions "Sponsors" where to start looking for good 97' OBS tunes since I have read chips on the 97' don't make much of a difference.

·
3,090 Posts
Any suggestions "Sponsors" where to start looking for good 97' OBS tunes since I have read chips on the 97' don't make much of a difference.
Tunes on a 97 will wake it up. Although a lot more can be had with some more mods like 17* hpop, CAC, turbo, etc. the list can go on forever.

·
All done now
22,483 Posts
For an OBS, Tony Wildman is the boss. The good thing about a TS chip, is once you own it, if you decide to change tuners for some reason, they can all tune them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got a TS tuned chip awhile back, the tunes were ok but the trans sucked, I sent it out to TWILDMAN and had him tune it, to be honest my first round of tuning wasnt good, trans was good but the truck wouldnt get any more than 18psi of boost, the TS tunes would get 30 pounds on the 100hp setting... sending it back to Tony to have him rework it....Im sure he will get it worked out he has a great reputation....

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Raul at stealth carries tw chips..soggydog is a good source for tw info,
I have never had much luck getting a hold of tw...then again my lazy azz never picked up a phone either....so can't blame him for that.:pointlaugh:

·
Registered
306 Posts
i have friends that have a chip from TW for a 95 and a 97, idk what your plans are for the truck but if you want a crazy tune go with the kill burn from tony and you wont be disappointed, and also i have a chip from TW and i used to have a ts i think it was the best move i ever made for my truck its a great chip

·
Registered
208 Posts
deffinately would go with this chip ive had mine for about 10 months and havent had any problems as far as soot goes get on the 140 setting and romp on it it will leave an inital nice cloud but then will soon thin out but im about to get some customs tunes on it once i get injectors and my turbo i got a local guy in houston that will hook me up and have herd good reviews but does any one else got any better suggestions

ps buy from a vendor and save that money

·
Premium Member
15,560 Posts
Whoever said you wont see that much of a difference with a chip on a obs is wrong, I saw a big enough jump....about a 60-80hp as 80hp is the max a obs will make one stock injectors.

We carry Tony wildman and Swamps tuned TS chips. Shoot me a pm if you want some prices.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.