Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

My 99 didn't come with fog lights, I would like to install oem style lights with HIDs. What needs to be done since they didn't come as an option at all. Harness? Mounting? Etc.? Thanks

·
Registered
285 Posts
I'm in for info on this too. My truck didn't come with fogs either... wanna put stock ones in.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I've added them to a '00, bolt right into bumper but no pre-existing harness. I ran a relay off parking or low beam and had a switch in cab. Guess you could get an '01+ light switch also and wire it in. Not a plug and play option on the '99-'00 though.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have an E99 but this is what I had to do:

I bought the factory style lights (used) that came out of a 2001.

The E99 bumper doesn't have the bolt holes for the lights (3 each) and the opening in the plastic part of the bumper was to small. So I used a grinder to make the hole bigger, lined up the lights and used self-tapping screws to hold them in place.

I then used the harness that came with them, but cut the plug end off, ran it to a switch, wired the switch to the ignition.

They work pretty good and I can use them when I have my brights on. You cant do that using the factory switch (which the e99 doesn't have)

·
Registered
47 Posts
When I added fogs to my 2000 I used oem lights but had to build my own harness using a relay. Installed a three way switch (on-off-on). This is a really easy mod to do. Can post up a diagram if needed.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have the whole kit from my 2004 F350. It didn't have fog lights when I bought the truck. Dealer installed the kit. Lights, Ford Harnesses, Switch. I took it off the truck when I sold it and still have it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts