Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had nothing to do with the problem with my motor. Their oil filter relocation kit worked as advertised, unfortunately, they were given a bad Filter by the company that they bought their filters from. Their kit fit the way it was supposed to, and the part that they had to do with had nothing to do with the destruction of my motor. The filter that was on it somehow came apart. The black crud we found throughout the motor is in fact the filter media that came apart inside the motor. I found chunks of it all over the place, and a large part of it was missing from the filter. When I tore into the filter, I thought I had hit it with the blade I used to cut the metal outer casing. It turns out, I had not. The reason it wasn't filtering is because it had come apart in a section you could put your finger through. Why????? I cannot say, but when I called Trusted they got on the phone and contacted the manufacturer, and they are getting with me tomorrow. so a simple oil filter has destroyed 20K worth of motor, turbo's and injectors, not to mention the time that was put into it. I still don't have it tore down all the way, and I am gonna wait till I get finished talking with the oil filter company. I will not use their name just yet for legal reasons.

Sorry if this caused Trusted any hardship.

·
Davey B
930 Posts
Does it sound like the filter company is gonna work with you on this? Sorry to hear about the bad luck btw

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
That really sucks. Everyone on here was looking forward to seeing it on the strip.

·
FNG
6,018 Posts
Damn Tim that sucks. Hopefully you can recoup the motor costs

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
Man that really sucks. After all the hard work that you and others have done, countless hrs of no sleep, the blood, sweat and tears that have been poured into that thing. I know that you have to be calm, cool and collected during times like this since legal action is being taken but I bet you were more then a bit heated when you saw that?

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I would assume they would bring it up if they were taken to court. Not picking sides but I could see how the Filter company could protest.

·
< YOU WISH...
775 Posts
Because there is a clause somewhere in that warranty that it is not to be used in non OEM applications. I would get a copy of the stated warranty on the filter before I wasted money on a lawyer. 2 things are certain, they have more money for lawyers than you and there is a statement that will limit them to only thing they are responsible for is replacing the filter. Been there with a defective AN hose end. After a long drawn out court case I got 2 new swivel ends from the company. The 700hp Big block destroyed was my problem.

·
King Dingaling
9,386 Posts
I have Trusted's kit on mine so I'm glad it had nothing to do with the kit....secondly...I have already replaced my filters with Napa ones.

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
Because there is a clause somewhere in that warranty that it is not to be used in non OEM applications.
That would bring us back to Trusted would it not...since they supplied the filter in their kit?

Not throwing stones....just asking about the legal end of it.

·
< YOU WISH...
775 Posts
Depends how good their lawyer was when the warranty was written. 99.99% have the "Not responsible for other costs/damages EXCEPT the value of the part only". Sucks but getting anyone to pay up on it will prob. cost more in lawyer fee's up front than the engine cost. Then you have to accept that gamble of recouping it all in court.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It is a racing application filter. I had not heard of the company before, but went online and found them. They make filters for performance cars and motorcycles.

1 - 20 of 211 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.