Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some times when you crank it, it will idle fine then it will just drop off suddenly like it's gonna die and some times it does die and other times it doesn't, the CEL will accompany it some times then when it's little fit is over the CEL will go off and it runs like a dream. any ideas on what the problem is? thanks in advance for any and all help guys

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
if the CEL come on that a code has been stored.

get it hooked up to scanner... one like AE or a scan gauge or a snap on type.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i got an old super chips tuner that can tell me the code in superchips terms but i lost the manual so i would have no idea what the numbers mean.

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
Superchips will display the "P" codes and you have to look up what they mean but it works. I keep an old superchips programmer form my v10 superduty in the truck just in case. It is easier to lug around versus the snap on scanner.

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
alright then the link I posted will give the info that is needed.

I have a scan gauge and the address for the DTC page bookmarked on my blackberry...... takes longer but I dont wanna get my laptop stolen.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok heres what i got

P0236 – Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP), Barometric Pressure (BP)

P1280 - ICP circuit out of range low

what do ya reckon it's deal might be? TIA for anymore help

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
could they be related in some way? [email protected] it :mad: , i need my truck
sorry for the language

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
You need a map sensor and ICP sensor. The truck will run but will do exactly what it is doing now to you due to those sensors being bad. They aren't cheap but it will solve your problem.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
truck started fine this morning then a cough or 2 then it threw the p1280 code again i'm gonna change the oil and see what that does for me, if anything at all.

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
I am going to bet that your ICP sensor is probably seeping oil into the plug area. If it is it is going bad and should be replaced before the oil makes its way back to the PCM and shorts it out. If you got a MAP sensor code you should check and make sure the line from the manifold isn't cracked or broken which would give a faulty signal to the sensor. I found that mine was cracked right at the top of the nipple off the intake.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
alright well thanks guys i will let ya know if i get it fingered out

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
icp sensor looked fine i changed the oil, put some motorcraft 10W-30 for the 6.0L in it cause we buy it by the drum and a new filter she's running great so far and it seems to like the SYN. blend a little better than the dino oil. figured i would let ya'll know, thanks for all your help i really appreciate it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts