Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 6.0 f250. I washed my truck Saturday and now the truck will not shut off with the key and the glow plugs are not working. It all will work fine but most of the time it will not shut down. The gauges turn off the radio shuts off ever goes off but the motor it keeps running before I start part guessing I would like to see if anyone had better ideas then me. I tried switching keys but no luck help

·
Registered
113 Posts
I've had it happened. A few time on the 7.3. Never experienced it with a 6.0. It did end up bring a faulty glow plug relay though

·
"Slap hands slap hands"
1,487 Posts
It's a shot in the dark but do you have a edge programmer? Mine did this and it ended up blowing up and my truck wouldn't shut off at all or turbo spool up until I uninstalled it completely. At first it was just doing what your saying never thought it was the programmer until my mechanic pulled it and told me edge is junk.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a sct but it not been pluged in since last july. idk what it is been two three shops and the cant findout what it is

·
"Slap hands slap hands"
1,487 Posts
wow that's crazy good luck let us know what they find out. Im stumped. sounds like something electrical to me or a switch going out.

·
Resident Idiot
661 Posts
Check for power on Fuse 22 when your ignition switch is turned off. Does it have 12V? If so something is wrong. If so pull out your PCM power relay and try again.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts