Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iam new to the fourm and Ive got a problem I bought a 95 7.3 and it wont fire off me and a buddy lookrd at it last night and not sure whats going on we swaped idm with another truck and nothing we tried to read it but the programer said error no connection to pcm not sure what to do? need some help

·
Registered
479 Posts
Have you checked the CPS?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Also if you have a programmer try unplugging it and see if it will start.

·
Premium Member
15,560 Posts
Iam new to the fourm and Ive got a problem I bought a 95 7.3 and it wont fire off me and a buddy lookrd at it last night and not sure whats going on we swaped idm with another truck and nothing we tried to read it but the programer said error no connection to pcm not sure what to do? need some help
since the programmer cant read the pcm check the fuse for the cig lighter since that also powers the obd port. also check fuse #22 under the hood, thats for the fuel bowl heater and the pcm.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the obd port has power it just want connect to it. whats is a cps?

·
oil burner
1,136 Posts
move your pointer over anything highlighted green,it will say what the abreviation is.

·
GoNavy!
3,077 Posts
Have you checked all your battery connections including the grounds...Sometimes you pass up the simple stuff...Have you tried jumping yet?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cam sensor has already been changed the old boy i got it from said he stalled it out and it hasnt cranked back since he also said he changed the oil pump but it dont look like it but it will run off a small shot of ether

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
If it fires up off of ether which is a bad thing for these engines then you have a fuel issue. Did you look to see if the HPOP resevoir is full? Have you checked the fuel bowl to see if it is full or not? Have you checked fuel pressure? You could have a bad lift pump. You could have a blocked screen from the fuel bowl to the FPR. You could have a faulty switching valve for the fuel tanks. There are a few things to start with.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got it to run the fuse was blowed and the idm was messed up I pulled my buddies and it worked and put mine on his and it cranked and swaped them back out and it cranked up. but it has a rough idle what would you suggest?
thanks for the help

·
I know nothing...
6,115 Posts
I got it to run the fuse was blowed and the idm was messed up I pulled my buddies and it worked and put mine on his and it cranked and swaped them back out and it cranked up. but it has a rough idle what would you suggest?
thanks for the help
A new IDM.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts