Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
ford made it ih shakes it
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:i got a 94 psd was driving truck lost power and started a knocking sound. now wont start so i changed the "black!" fuel filter still didnt start the fuel pump on top of engine was leaking someone said it was prob out so i cahnged it still nothing idk what to do?!?!?!?!!?

·
Pre-K
410 Posts
Did you ever get a hold of a scanner?

Everyone told you already, you can throw parts at it all day long but you need a scanner.

Did you need to replace the lines when you changed the pump? Were they brittle?

Did you re check the fuel bowl to make sure you're getting fuel after the key is on?

Have you checked your batteries with a volt meter yet?

edit - I remember you having a thread just a couple weeks ago when you bought this truck. Where'd you buy it from?

·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you ever get a hold of a scanner?

Everyone told you already, you can throw parts at it all day long but you need a scanner.

Did you need to replace the lines when you changed the pump? Were they brittle?

Did you re check the fuel bowl to make sure you're getting fuel after the key is on?

Have you checked your batteries with a volt meter yet?

edit - I remember you having a thread just a couple weeks ago when you bought this truck. Where'd you buy it from?
some ahole in kansas traded me and no theres no place to scan it i looked everywhere?!?!?!?!!? i have no clue what to do

·
Keep er shinny side up!
1,624 Posts
http://powerstrokenation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120819&highlight=
You can start by not making a new thread every other day on the same topic...

What have you done to the truck thus far in your endeavor?

Have you tried putting some fuel in it to make sure your not out?

You checked the oil level correct?

Are you getting any smoke out of the tail pipe when you try to start it?

·
Pre-K
410 Posts
Did you pick up some test gauges yet?

You do realize in order to scan it that you have to acquire a scanner correct? Just asking because you said, "theres no place to scan it i looked everywhere." Most every garage has a scan gun and every dealership has one. You do know what to do.

When you have done all the things that have been suggested to you then come back and give us an update.
-check oil
-check fuel (not with your gauge). if you can't check it then just add 10 gallons in it regardless.
-check fuel pressure when cranking.
-check oil pressure when cranking.
-check batteries with a voltmeter before and during cranking.

Again,
Did you need to replace the fuel lines when you changed the fuel pump? What pump did you replace it with? From where?

·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
http://powerstrokenation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120819&highlight=
You can start by not making a new thread every other day on the same topic...

What have you done to the truck thus far in your endeavor?

Have you tried putting some fuel in it to make sure your not out?

You checked the oil level correct?

Are you getting any smoke out of the tail pipe when you try to start it?
ok my ####ing bad i thought thats what this was for ####ing ####### is for people to help other people

·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

You do realize in order to scan it that you have to acquire a scanner correct? Just asking because you said, "theres no place to scan it i looked everywhere." Most every garage has a scan gun and every dealership has one. You do know what to do.

When you have done all the things that have been suggested to you then come back and give us an update.
-check oil
-check fuel (not with your gauge). if you can't check it then just add 10 gallons in it regardless.

Again,
Did you need to replace the fuel lines when you changed the fuel pump? What pump did you replace it with? From where?
yes replaced the lines no i didnt have to just did while i was there its an airtex pump

·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

-check oil

Again,
i meant on the truck thers no place to plug into

·
Keep er shinny side up!
1,624 Posts
ok my ####ing bad i thought thats what this was for ####ing ####### is for people to help other people
Seriously? :doh:

Sentences don't require a swear every 2 or 3 words.

We are trying to help you, but you don't seem to be answering many of the questions we are asking you to help diagnose your truck...

Airtex pumps are garbage. I know they are better on the wallet, but sometimes you gotta spend a little more money to get better parts.

I'll ask again, have you made sure there is really fuel in it by putting 5-10 gallons in?

Have you checked the fuel pressure when your trying to start it?

Have you checked the oil after it's set for a while?

·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Seriously? :doh:

Sentences don't require a swear every 2 or 3 words.

We are trying to help you, but you don't seem to be answering many of the questions we are asking you to help diagnose your truck...

Airtex pumps are garbage. I know they are better on the wallet, but sometimes you gotta spend a little more money to get better parts.

I'll ask again, have you made sure there is really fuel in it by putting 5-10 gallons in?

Have you checked the fuel pressure when your trying to start it?

Have you checked the oil after it's set for a while?
i have checked the oil its black but good on oil i filled the fuel filter with diesel last night to try and start it but it wouldnt go but il try some in the tank

and i havent checked the fuel pressure yet will gauges used on a gas motor work or are they totally different?

thanks

·
Registered
480 Posts
Like everyone said get it scanned... Instead of throwing money at it pay for a tow truck to take it to a dealer and get it scanned. You could throw allot of money at it before you figure out the problem. A tow bill and a hour for scanning is much cheaper. Is their fuel in the fuel bowl now after trying to start? If not fill up the bowl from a gas can and help the truck out a little. May be as simple as air..

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
get a AAA membership, for 80 bucks a year I get like 5 tows and 1 tow up to 200 miles 1 way, can't beat that, get it towed to a shop and have them scan it. good luck, I know its frustrating, been there and done that.

·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Like everyone said get it scanned... Instead of throwing money at it pay for a tow truck to take it to a dealer and get it scanned. You could throw allot of money at it before you figure out the problem. A tow bill and a hour for scanning is much cheaper. Is their fuel in the fuel bowl now after trying to start? If not fill up the bowl from a gas can and help the truck out a little. May be as simple as air..
good idea but i tried that already and it still does the same :(

·
Pre-K
410 Posts
You towed it to a dealership and paid for an hour of scanning it's still doing the same?

·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i got it started and runnin guys thanks for everything

·
Registered
219 Posts
Pull starting will avoid the voltage drop from the starter engaging. A jumpstart will also work if your wires are OK. The IDM needs 10.5 volts to power the injectors, I think this was your problem when cranking.

7.3 will start and run with a bad lift pump, although not happily.

·
Pre-K
410 Posts

·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Pull starting will avoid the voltage drop from the starter engaging. A jumpstart will also work if your wires are OK. The IDM needs 10.5 volts to power the injectors, I think this was your problem when cranking.

7.3 will start and run with a bad lift pump, although not happily.
yeah my batteries wouldnt crank fast enough plus it has some air in the system so pull starting it is how i got it started

1 - 20 of 20 Posts