Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After programming my 08 6.4 with the dpf-r 4.0 I proceeded to pull my truck on the lift to do the exhaust and when I applied the accelerator the truck sputtered and died. This was repeated about 3-4 times and I gave the guys at Gearbox a call. They helped me get the truck back to stock and we tried programming again.

After programming again the truck won't even crank. We tried using the dpfr-4.0 to do a emergency recovery and received an error 25 and now the antitheft light is going off.

The guy at Gearbox told me that they would overnight me a new module with a clean stock program and that hopefully that would fix the problem. My question is has anyone else experienced this and will a new unit fix the problem? I read one other post on here with this exact problem but they never posted about the outcome and I am nervous as hell that I am totally screwed!

Thanks in advance for any helpl

·
Registered
151 Posts
Tadd,
I just installed the exact same programmer last weekend and it went perfectly.
So I can't give you any advise, other than what you did by calling the guys at GearBox Z.
But don't worry, once you do get it right, you will really like the 'new' truck.
Best of luck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ended up having to have the truck towed to a dealership because the second programmer didn't fix it. The dealership was able to reprogram the truck and get it back to stock and all is well now. However it did spook me so bad that I will not try it again unless a professional at an actual shop does it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Sorry to hear that Tadd.
As I mentioned, I had no issues at all with my install.
As a matter of fact, After driving with it for over a week now, I love it.
See if you can give it another try.
I'm sure you would like it too.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I decided to just get my money back for the dpf-r and I found a shop in Fort Myers to do all the work. It will be the 4" downpipe back exhaust, H&S programmer, and flowpro egr delete (removing both coolers) all installed for $2550. It will take a bit to save up for it but I will gladly pay that to avoid being stranded again....lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
I tried the same tuner and my truck did the same thing. It wiped out the factory programming. After a trip to the dealer for a ref lash and an sct tuner, it now runs as it should.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ended up having to have the truck towed to a dealership because the second programmer didn't fix it. The dealership was able to reprogram the truck and get it back to stock and all is well now. However it did spook me so bad that I will not try it again unless a professional at an actual shop does it.
Was u able to keep the dpf delete pipe on an ford program it for u

1 - 8 of 8 Posts