Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Official Tranny Abuser
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I got my TW chip I removed my resistor and my check engine light came on after doing that. Its just something I dealt with until a week ago I wanted it gone. I plugged my OBD2 scanner into my truck with KOEO and it said there were no codes. I started the truck with the scanner plugged in and the thing went crazy, idle jumped up and down, pedal wouldn't respond and then she died. After unplugging the scanner the truck ran like #### until the CEL finally came back on. Now the truck will start and run for 10 seconds if the CEL is off then die. I have to continually restart the truck until it finally fires with the light on.

Did I fry my PCM or what's going on? I disconnected the batteries for an entire night and that didn't help.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
what resistor did you remove ??

·
Official Tranny Abuser
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A 4.7 I'm pretty sure. That was well over a month ago though. This all happened when I tried to remove the code.

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
Use a good quality scan tool and check codes again. Those cheap part store scanners will not work on our trucks. They will either come up with an error in communicating or they come up as no codes. Something is drastically wrong with your truck if the engine light has to be on for it to run.

·
Official Tranny Abuser
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Use a good quality scan tool and check codes again. Those cheap part store scanners will not work on our trucks. They will either come up with an error in communicating or they come up as no codes. Something is drastically wrong with your truck if the engine light has to be on for it to run.
Ill have to hook up the Genisys and go from there. The truck ran great until that scanner tweaked something.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts