Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well trouble free so far but now I have an issue that I have no idea what it is. It started a few days ago that while driving if I floor it, it will not go over 3000rpm. If I let off the gas it will downshift back to normal rpms. But also it didn't really want to go over 55. The truck has about 110000 miles on it. I've had no problems yet and my oasis report came back with no work done. Previous owner said the egr delete was done but that would be the only mod of that nature. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Get a Diagnostic Tool like a scangauge. Are you still building boost? Is there any white residue near the Coolant Fill Cap?

·
Registered
97 Posts
There is a lot of very knowledgeable guys on here who can point you in the right direction. Look at the 6.0 Section they have a lot of stickys on common problems with the 6.0L. Im fairly new to the 6.0s myself but ive been lucky and done alot of the preventative maintenance upgrades to avoid most the issues.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm at work now so I won't be able to check it out until later but I don't have a boost Guage but I can still hear the turbo spool up. I've had the truck almost a year but it is my first diesel so I'm still fairly new to everything.

·
Registered
97 Posts
The truck should come factory with a little dial on your gauge cluster. It could be your turbo needing cleaning or the VGT could be sticking. Look into getting a Scangauge II. You can read all the live parameters of your truck. Its going to be the first thing anyone recommends you do. If/when you do look into VGT Duty Cycle and Fuel Pressure when the truck is acting up. Is the EGR Valve still plugged in?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My truck doesn't have a stock boost Guage. I have oil pressure trans. Temp engine temp. But no boost and for the egr valve, I have no idea. I would need to take a look at that. The delete was done by the previous owner so I've never looked into it to be honest. But I will be looking to buy a scangauge.

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
The 05 ^ were the only ones with the dash boost gauge, but they are not accurate when tuned. Stock they are though.
Do you have any diagnostic trouble codes?

Sent from my Smart Car

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well on my drive home from work, the problem has just disappeared... The symptoms I described are gone so now I'm confused.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh and I did check, no white residue.

·
Fixing Broken Stuff
2,078 Posts
The first step is to get it scanned and see what codes you have.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Good to know thought all 6.0Ls had boost gauges. I run a digital set of gauges.

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,374 Posts
I would also recommend watching ICP, ICP volts, ICP desired, and IPR % duty cycle

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok i have code PO407 which says the voltage signal egr sensor "B" is too low for current engine conditions. then i also have code PO678 which says cylinder 8 glow plug circuit fault. explanation, the ECM has detected a fault in the glow plug circuit. would either of these explain my problem, or add into it?

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
Shouldn't after warmed up...
EGR might... Mine is deleted so i can't comment....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have unplugged the egr valve and that changed nothing. So ill remove it today and clean it and see if that changes anything.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
pulled and cleaned the egr valve. it wasnt plugged at all, just slightly sludgey. but i feel like that wouldnt explain the issue anyways. Is it possible to be a tcm issue maybe? or does anyone have any other input?

·
Registered
21 Posts
What are the temps you are having around where you are? same thing happened to me but i fueled up and all symptoms stopped, thinkin i got a bad batch of fuel into it.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
What he said what's the temp when it's really cold my truck acts like that. If your in low temp areas make sure your running fuel additive your filters may be getting gelled up

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yea, i got the same problem even after i filled back up after a couple days, fuel filter changed and it was all back to normal. Sometimes something that seems worse than it is, is just simple a simple filter change and new fuel will probably do the trick.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts