Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So basically the truck one day stalled at the gas station and then was fine. I started it next morning cold and it idled extremely rough till it got warm and then was perfectly fine. Afterwards it did that for a like 3 days and the last time it just stopped starting. Truck would crank and sound like it was gonna start and blow black smoke as my foot was on the throttle but now absolutely nothing. Truck will not start changed ICP, CPM, checked all fuses and relays. I have no idea what could be wrong. Checked all of the the wires and everything looks fine. Leaning towards idm

·
Registered
172 Posts
Have you read the engine codes ? Also change out the Cam Position Sensor. Maybe wiggle your valve cover harness wires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
134 Posts
Loose IPR nut? Bad\clogged IPR? What's a CPM? Did you mean CPS? Could be IDM. There's no way that I know of to test it other than replace it.

Edit: try testing IDM with a buzz test, that's how I did it when mine went. It was a about 4 years ago, I really had to think on that one lol.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Loose IPR nut? Bad\clogged IPR? What's a CPM? Did you mean CPS? Could be IDM. There's no way that I know of to test it other than replace it.

Edit: try testing IDM with a buzz test, that's how I did it when mine went. It was a about 4 years ago, I really had to think on that one lol.
Yes I meant cps lol

·
Registered
134 Posts
If you think it's IDM, I would try a buzz test if you have the proper setup. Also try cranking while looking at ICP. If your getting smoke while cranking tho, your IDM is probably good and the issue would be more likely a faulty sensor or wire.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you think it's IDM, I would try a buzz test if you have the proper setup. Also try cranking while looking at ICP. If your getting smoke while cranking tho, your IDM is probably good and the issue would be more likely a faulty sensor or wire.
I tried idm and pcm, nothing. Problem is the injectors are not firing

·
Registered
134 Posts
Then the pcm\idm are not seeing the correct signals to allow the injectors to fire or they are firing the solenoids but no oil pressure to back it up. This sounds very similar to an IPR issue. You should try removing it and cleaning it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts