Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My truck is a 04 and I was driving down the road and lost oil pressure on the dash and truck died. I had loop oil so I pulled motor and studded it and did warren injectors and torque converter. I also found my hpop had puked its ball bearing. I just tapped and plugged the hole. I know have everything together and the truck still will not fire. Do you think I should have replaced the hpop? I have no way of scanning it so is there anyway I can test it. Anybody in south eastern Ohio with a diagnostic reader want to make some extra cash let me know. Thanks for any help.

·
Fixing Broken Stuff
2,078 Posts
You really need to scan it, guessing gets real expensive.
First thing to look at is ICP, then FICM voltage and sync.

·
Registered
14 Posts
When I did My rebuild, I neglected to fill/prime the HPOP OIL RAILS. They were full of Air , thus the Injectors would not FIRE.

After several long cranks it fired and ran.

I then found a steep Levee locked in 4 Low and drove up the levee and then backed up it to "Purge" all the air out at higher RPM.

·
Fixing Broken Stuff
2,078 Posts
I replaced ficm about 2000 miles ago.
That doesn't mean it's still good, you should look at the voltage. I've seen a G-B reman FICM that looked good on the data stream but would not start the engine.

I've tried to time it how long it takes to get a 6.0 started with the rails and oil cooler dry, doing approximately 30 crank inter-volts it usually take 3-4 minutes of cranking to get a 6.0 started. And that with a battery charger on high trying to keep the battery's up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts