Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Brand new to a powertroke and to the whole forum thing so please bear with me and I apologize if I havent put this in the correct spot.

Just bought an 07 F350 6.0 and so far I love it. Just recently however, I noticed that my reverse lights werent turning off. Didnt matter of the truck was off or what gear it was in. I unplugged the bulbs so that it wouldnt kill the truck but in doing some more poking around, the reverse sensors and my backup camera are also always engaged. It leads me to believe that the truck thinks its always in reverse. Oddly enough, it starts just fine, drives and shifts just fine. I did some research and I know that a range sensor can go bad but I couldnt seem to find anything specific to the 6.0. Any help on where or if we even have range sensors and how I can fix the problem?

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,092 Posts
You have a range sensor. It's inside the transmission pan. It most likely isn't the problem. The range sensor is only powered with the key on. If all of the reverse parts are powered with the key off they are getting power from something other than the range sensor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts