Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I was driving home and engine sputtered a little bit then kept going. I have a mini maxx so ran diagnostic on it and it said code p0263 which I looked up and means dirty injector or injectors need flush. Any advice? First diesel, I'm from Oklahoma and weather was below 7 degrees the past few days it's 65 today and haven't noticed it running rough.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
thats a contribution balance fault code. Can mean much more than just dirty injectors...

·
Registered
955 Posts
thats a contribution balance fault code. Can mean much more than just dirty injectors...
Agreed. Pay real close attention on this one because I am pretty sure you can get that code with a cracked piston and/or an injector hanging open.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Been driving past few days and ran smoothly only one time did it kind of sputter. Talked to Ford and explained it to them and they said it more than likely needs a full fuel system and injector flush. He said if it was an injector probably wouldn't be able to drive it like I am.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
955 Posts
Hopefully that is all it is, but I have seen several threads where someone reports symptoms like yours that were more than a dirty injector/fuel system so I would still be very cautious with this one. If you are going to run a cleaner through your fuel, I would check check your truck with IDS after the cleaner has had a chance to do its job.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts