Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
truck fires right up when could but once it warms up and I shut it down then go to restart after a few minutes it takes a few seconds of cranking. it was the exact opposite a week ago when I found out my batteries were dead. I did just put some power service diesel kleen in the tank when I filled it up the other day would that have anything to do with it? the truck runs like a champ just odd that its takes longer to start when warm. I should mention that its off and on not constantly.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply I do plan on getting a scan tool I just started a new job so once the money starts coming in I will do that asap. I do have an obd2 scanner but cannot get it to communicate with my pcm. Is there a good scanner out there that I can trust without breaking the bank?

·
Premium Member
2,472 Posts
The one I would recommend is our Infinity. While it is not the cheapest option, it offers many more benefits than most other devices. It is a Ford Enhanced scan tool/programmer/datalogger which will run 7.3L specific diagnostic tests. Check it out HERE.

HERE are some videos to watch as well.

Let me know if you have any questions about it. I would be happy to help you out.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is WAY over my budget! I was thinking mabey something closse to the ae but mabey a little less expencive and less advanced something that could monitor icp pressure and sensors like that

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks matthewd11 I think I am going to pick one of those up. can I hook other sensors up to it like egt and trans temp or is that asking too much? and how hard is it to program it to the 7.3 I know bullet proof diesel sells them pre programmed for the 6.no and the 6.4 but how do u get the codes for the 7.3

1 - 7 of 7 Posts