Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

truck source diesel tunes

9K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  06-sixoh 
#1 ·
Maybe Im just impatient, but I cant seem to get in contact with anybody over at truck source diesel to get some tunes written. Ive tried emailing and PM'ing, and i havent gotten a response yet. Im not bad mouthing by any means, i just want some tunes written. Can anybody help me out with this?

Im considering just trying another vendor just to get some tunes written for now. Maybe I will start PM'ing other vendors... :confused:

#2 ·
Idk I've always had extremely awesome service with cris b. at tsd. No one answers the phone?

#3 ·
Hey bud, I've been talking a lot the past few days with Chris working on revisions. He mentioned that he's really thinking about not doing e-mail tuning anymore. He mentioned its hard for him to find the time to keep up with current customers for tuning revisions let alone new customers, he'd rather have quality customer service for less people than have crappier customer service for a whole lot of people. I can try and get in touch with him for you if you'd like.

Its really up to you, his tunes are great, but if you're looking for someone to get you tunes instantly and answer your call or email instantly maybe he isnt for you.

#4 ·
So if he won't be doing email tuning what will he do? I have the SPD and emailed huh about fixing the shifting but haven't heard back. I'll try calling tomorrow.

Sent from my HTC Hero S

#5 ·
I havent been able to get through via phone, but have only tried twice, and the service where Im working at right now is horrible, so it could be my fault. I understand if they arent going to be doing email files anymore. Quality of service is important.

I have sent a couple of emails back and forth with matt @ gearhead. I think I will give the SRL tunes a try. How do you guys like the SRL tunes? I cant recall hearing anything bad about them thus far. I would like to get the extreme file loaded, but I know the stock studs will cry... Good excuse for new studs it sounds like!!!

#6 ·
eric at innovative is also quick and has fast tunes

#7 ·
If you call TSD, they usually put you on a list and Chris will call you back.

#8 ·
yup, this is why he's been tossing the idea

So if he won't be doing email tuning what will he do? I have the SPD and emailed huh about fixing the shifting but haven't heard back. I'll try calling tomorrow.

Sent from my HTC Hero S
Live tuning only for new customers, existing will be getting the alterations whenever need be. Its not set in stone yet, but he was telling me on the phone. Time will tell, he doesnt want to hurt anyones feelings.. what a nice guy LOL

#11 ·
LOL not to be mean but did you not read what pizza pig just posted??

#13 ·
For previous customers, it sounds like he will still email updates and tweaks. But he is considering not emailing files for new customers, because it is too hard to keep up the emails, and he would rather do live tuning to keep the quality of his work at a level that we all expect.

If you have never done a live tuning, its rather interesting. I did a live tuning for my wife's 07 Yukon, with EFI live. It was crazy to see the tweaks that he made with just a keystroke. We made 3 runs, and the difference in driveability was incredible between the three runs.

I will try to get ahold of them on the phone tomorrow when I get into town. Ive heard great things from their files, and would like to have one loaded.

#16 ·
The only reason I did live tuning for the wife's Kon, is because when I decided to buy tunes for it, the writer was on the west coast, about two hours north of where I lived.

Im sure I will like Matt's tunes. I like the fact that he writes smokeless tunes; or nearly smokeless. Im just anxiously awaiting my SCT to get here. I even added two day delivery to the SCT. COMMON!!!!!

#18 ·
Its not worth the drive for me! Hell, not even if i lived in Houston with my dad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.