Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it just started today, truck shutters in 1,2&3 after I let the clutch out. Almost feels like u joint but disappears at higher speeds. I know my tranny isn't in that great if shape bc it grinds into third but this is new. In 4&5th it's fine even if I slow down and lug it I doesn't shudder. It's probly a tranny problem but not too sure. Ujoints are good maybe driveline out of balance? Trans does kinda click when I let the clutch out after a shift in lower gears. Don't think It had to do with motor but I have been having some other problems with the motor. Maybe motor mount?

·
STILL LEARNING
18,328 Posts
Shutter with a stick is typically pinion angle. have someone watch the pinion when you take off to see if you are getting axle wrap

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
carrier bearing coming apart?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Carrier bearing is fine. The pinion angle is not but hasn't been a issue till now. I took out the stock block and put a 4in block off a Chevy. Pinion points to the sky but angle is much worse after my 5spd swap. Ill check torque on u bolts tommorow. Guess it's time to adress this problem Going to put in a shackle reversal soon anyways which will change everything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts