Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 01 f350 drw 4wd flatbed that rides unbelievably rough. I just took it in and had the shocks and leaf springs checked and they are good. I have a 3 horse aluminum bumper pull trailer that I pull some and when I do it is miserable to drive. The truck bounces and every bump feels like your going to bounce out of the truck. I haven't pulled a real heavy load to see if it is any better, but I know with a light load its rough. Unhooked its not bad does anyone have any suggestions. Any info would be very much appreciated

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
It's a 1ton that's what they do you can try an adjustable shock drop a little tire pressure

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Helper bags in the rear

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I realize its not gonna ride like a Cadillac but its miserable. I have a 99 f350 srw and its good. Ive owned a dually before and don't remember it being this rough. But I will look into the adjustable shocks and see if maybe they'll make a difference. Helper bags? are those airbags? aren't they pretty expensive? thanks

·
Bobs 7.3
2,852 Posts
Ya air bags and there not too exspensive these days as alot are running them. Id get them since its not too bad without the load They will smoothen out the up and down movement and help level the truck also when your towing.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Helper bags will be around 200 to 400 depending on the setup,
I have bags from and rear on my 05 it still rides rough they helped tho. The shock will make a difference for sure. That steel bed might be heavy enough to hit your bump stops you can trim them a little in the front and rear for a little more travel. The extra wheel in the back is catching a lot more bumps in the road, it is riding out of the grooves on the highway

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay so should I consider doing both (airbags and adjustable shocks) or just airbags. If I do airbags should I install them on the front and rear? Thanks again guys

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Yes both

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I'm not sure if the make a front kit for truck I have coils up front

1 - 9 of 9 Posts