Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
temp gauge starting gettin hot and I pulled over, The truck has studs installed at a ford dealer. Truck had no tunes till I got it about 10k ago. I just install the sct and a street tune I got from swamps. I had a trailer and grasshopper mower hit the interstate and made it two miles and had to pull over in a hurry before i pegged the temp gauge. Went back to stock tunes, opened the hood to see antifreeze everywhere on the drivers side. Shut the hood, started the truck, temp was normal and off we went. been fine since. Do you think I have a headgasket issue or something else?

·
Registered
675 Posts
look into getting an EGR cooler delete kit, what your decribing is typical for the 6.0. The egr cooler takes your exhaust and tries to cool it with your engine coolant, but what happens is your exhaust super heats the coolant and causes it to boil over and come out the evap bottle. an egr cooler delete kit can be had for $400-600 depending on who you get it from first coast diesel performance, elite diesel engineering, liberator diesel, bd diesel performance and river city diesel performance just take your pick, but make sure you get a kit that deletes the egr cooler and just not a block off plate or egr delete the cooler needs removed

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, I put one on a buddys truck, guess its time for one on mine.

·
Wondering what if
828 Posts
My truck puked when my oil cooler got plugged on the coolant side. So don't rule that out.

·
PETE ENGR PSD
973 Posts
If your going to do a full blown EGR delete, replace the oil cooler too, it would be a bad idea not to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts