Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Bandwagon Jumper
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going home last night my dog got scared of thunder and lightening and jumped down into the floorboard and onto my accelerator making the truck rev high in neutral. As it decelerated, the truck died and has not even tried to restart, no turnover or anything. It has TDC Fault and ------s where mileage usually is... Somebodyplease help, its in parking lot, but gotta get it going again. Will not turn over or anything?

·
Registered
115 Posts
have you checked all the connections to the fuse block under the dash?

·
Bandwagon Jumper
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not... started checking relays but I really dont know where to begin. Not sure it is anything under the dash though.. nothing will turn over, glow plug light will not go out, ABS light stays on. All the trip says is either check gauges or ----------

·
Bandwagon Jumper
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No Moisture... Was not raining at the time, started raining afterwards...hence why it is still sitting in the parking lot; the wife picked me up lol

·
Administrator
32,965 Posts
Hmmm well TBC is a trailer brake controller

I did find this when searching your TBC and check gauge issue

Could be this:

Various Electronic and Driveability Symptoms and Codes:
2005 F-Super Duty trucks built before 5-11-05 may exhibit various electronic-related symptoms due to loose/miss-installed fuses in the engine compartment fuse box. These symptoms may be intermittent. The fuses should be inspected to verify they are installed into the terminals in the fuse box and not along side the terminals.
Fuses--Symptoms
#9, 20 amp: Trailer turn signals inoperative
#10, 10 amp: Check Engine Light; Codes P1633, P0446
#11, 10 amp: Speedo bounce, ABS light, Cruise control inop; Codes U1900, U2023, P0500-P0503
#12, 2 amp: Cruise control inop, TBC Fault displayed, chime; Code C2803
#13, 15 amp: Day time running lamps inop
#15, 15 amp: Crank/no start, bucking, stall; Codes P2614, P2617, P1378
#17, 10 amp: A/C inop or not cooling
#18, 10 amp: Crank/no start, bucking, stall; P2614, P2617, P1378, P0611
#20, 10 amp: Trailer back up lamp inop
TSB 05-11-14

Check fuse #12.

Codes would be nice to check but if u can't you may try disconnecting the batts for a few to clear the KAM and codes

·
Bandwagon Jumper
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I still have not checked any codes yet. My code reader will be here in a couple of days. I checked all the fuses and looked like none that were important were blown. I am beginning to think it may be the computer since it is showing the dashes on the odometer. I really have no clue. I got it roll=backed to the house and there it sits... Reverted back to driving the old 86 IDI :) until i figure this monstronsity out

·
bring the chain
1,345 Posts
had a truck do something similar. it free reved,then died. hpop went bad. my guess is you see the tbc fault while cranking? every superduty 05 and up does it. put a computer on it,and pull codes.

·
Bandwagon Jumper
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah thats about it, but it will not crank over at all.. ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts