Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an 03 6.0. During the winter, it was taking longer to crank to start but just figured it was because of the temps. Then as it got warmer, it still took at least two key cycles before it would start. Tried to start it the other day and it just continues to crank, never fires. No smoke comes out while cranking. I hooked up edge insight cs to it yesterday and came up with no DTC's. This evening I'm going to check the voltage at the FICM with multimeter. If the FICM checks out to be ok, what next? Pull fuel filter and see if bowl fills up when I turn key? Any other ideas what it could be?

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,117 Posts
Make sure your batteries are good - fully charged and individually load tested.

Also, make sure all the connections are clean and solid - hot wires and ground wires.

·
I'm not a Newb!
100 Posts
if ya got a good FICM and batt's check good and charged, I would look at glow plugs....

if all that is working then I would then go to HPOP pressure and fuel pressure...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The batteries are only about a month old so that shouldnt be the case. I just tested the FICM and am barely getting any voltage, <1 volt. I looked at multiple instructions to test it so I know I'm testing it correctly. Havent seen a FICM test that low in other peoples threads so could it be the FICM or something else before it.

·
I'm not a Newb!
100 Posts
Pull it out and make sure its plugged in on the bottom, check the harness for eff'd up wires....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts