Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving down the road and out of no where the truck started shifting hard and like over reving, after that the tow haul light kept and is still flashing. when I was almost home i think the shifting went back to normal , sort off but why would it be doing this ?

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
you are having transmission issues... need to get it to ford and have them put a scanner on it..... don't let them flush it or do anything else... just have them retrieve the codes and report back here..... im guessing its probably the direct solenoid has some crap in it

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,120 Posts
why would it be doing this ?
Because something is wrong. The flashing tow/haul light means a code has been stored telling the tech where to start looking. A Ford dealer or a good independent shop can read the code and diagnose the problem.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool thanks, Ill get it looked at today. When I took my widfe to work today it was shifting fine and no light except for 2nd gear is a little jerky after that it sounds fine.. Im going to get it checked out any ways.

·
Powerjoker.
71 Posts
Get it scanned and let us know what code(s) are in it. It could be any number of things.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts