Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellas,

I have done new springs (X codes), new ball joints, energy suspension sway bar bushings..

I can't figure out why my truck sits 5/8" lower on the drivers side.

My buddy has damn near the same truck as me except V10 and his is off by maybe half of that...

Any suggestions? :confused:

·
MINK
1,049 Posts
its just the powerstroke gangsta lean....is your frame true? tire presures eqaul? what do all four corners mesure?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its just the powerstroke gangsta lean....is your frame true? tire presures eqaul? what do all four corners mesure?

I can tell you the tire pressures are the same. Not sure about the frame? Do our frames get tweaked easy?

Driver Front: 41 1/8"
Pass Front: 41 5/8"

Driver Rear: 40"
Pass Rear: 41 1/4"

And the reason for the front being higher is I just did front shackles today and this really made the "gangster lean" stand out.

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
Is the tank full ?

·
MINK
1,049 Posts
its really so close I wouldnt worry about it....if your truck has been in a accident then its posible the frame is a butt hair off....and its gangsta leanLOL

·
peterbilt'in
1,188 Posts
fuel tank level... i notice mine reaching into the tool box before a fill up... then after... afters a lot easier to get to the box.... harsh on the wallet!

·
Going Crazy
1,533 Posts
make sure you back srings arent broke and missing a leaf.... mine has done that twice and each time leans one way or the other just a tad

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did heck on level pavement.. :poke:

And actually the fuel light is on, which means when its full, this should be worse :mad:

I have heard that ford makes a shim kit to correct this problem.. Maybe I'll look into it?

Also I know my driver front shock is pretty much shot. But I doubt this would have anything to do with height. Correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Shock shouldnt have anything to do with it. Shocks just absorb movement.

·
nobody likes a quitter
447 Posts
I have an easy fix... are you into fat chicks?

·
McLovin!
338 Posts
Don't blame any of that on the tank being full or the shocks blown. That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Sounds like something the chevy owners would say. It's all in the springs.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Don't blame any of that on the tank being full or the shocks blown. That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Sounds like something the chevy owners would say. It's all in the springs.

Easy man...

If you say its all in the springs.. Would you say the rears are worn? Like I said, I just installed X's in the front about 4 months ago.

·
Lovin the Tuna
8,353 Posts
Easy man...

If you say its all in the springs.. Would you say the rears are worn? Like I said, I just installed X's in the front about 4 months ago.
Brand new? Have you tried switching sides that the springs are on, see if the sag follows?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Driver side sits low on mine. 1/2" You don't need a tape. Most people would never notice, but i see it.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Driver side sits low on mine. 1/2" You don't need a tape. Most people would never notice, but i see it.
me too, just dont point it out and no one will ever notice

1 - 20 of 20 Posts