Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i Was on my way home from school and about mid way on my 350 mile trip i hit a monster of a pot hole. I had some a$$ hole behind me and and someone beside me i had no where to go. This thing chattered my teeth and my truck shut down and the check engine light came on it does it pretty unforgivenly. It started righ back up. well it did it couple more times on the rest of the way. so when i got home i took it to the dealer ship and had my recall work done for cps thinking that might fix it. NOPE on my way back to school it did it twice the first time it just shut down with no warning. Then when i got on down the road the chck engine light would come on for about 5-10 min and then it would turn off. The weird thing is when the check engine light comes on you can turn the truck off and start it back up and then no problems. Any ideas?

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im going to hook it up to a code reader this afternoon i just wonder if it will even show up.

·
Edward Scissorhand WanaB
1,995 Posts
I have a 99.5 F450 at work that has the same symptoms. Been doing it for over a year now. It just cuts out. Pull over and it restarts. :shrug:

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Im going to hook it up to a code reader this afternoon i just wonder if it will even show up.
If you got a lot, you got a code. Even if the light is off.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Put a code reader on it and it says 0 codes :shrug:
What kind of code reader. Most of the ones at part stores will not work on our trucks. If you had a light on within the last 50 start cycles (or something like that), the code is still there.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What kind of code reader. Most of the ones at part stores will not work on our trucks. If you had a light on within the last 50 start cycles (or something like that), the code is still there.
Its a cornwell.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts