Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy just bought a 97 F250 5 speed, and it is sick as crap. It has a ts which dont do much, so we put my old superchips programmer on it and still runs like crap. I scanned it with the superchips and it shows no codes. Where should he start to look for a problem.How can we test to see if the hpop is weak??

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
No codes, look at fuel issues first.

·
brandon
778 Posts
fuel filter is a good start

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Give it some medicine?? Juice?? Lol

what's it doin, or not doin?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry just noticed I posted in the wrong place, but anyway, changed the fuel filter,no help. Does it have a pre filter or just the one?? The truck is just weak, when you hit a hill it will start bucking like a horse. Is that common with that body style. Also its extremely quiet,inside the cab and the exhaust with staight pipe.. its so quiet it doesnt seem right.

·
Banned
814 Posts
first thing to do is to get it scanned... your hand held superchip thing wont read anything.... have it scanned by a GOOD scanner as in AE, snapon, or the dealership.... once you do that then we can help you with what is going on.... right now we are looking for a needle in a hay stack, but we cant find the hay stack

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
first thing to do is to get it scanned... your hand held superchip thing wont read anything.... have it scanned by a GOOD scanner as in AE, snapon, or the dealership.... once you do that then we can help you with what is going on.... right now we are looking for a needle in a hay stack, but we cant find the hay stack
Good advice.

·
Registered
336 Posts
on obs there is a screen on the output of the fuel bowl that needs cleaned too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts